Question about Maytag CWE5800A Electric Double Oven
The electricty went off in the house and when the power came on nothing on the wall oven would work No clock control panel screen dose'nt even lite up Electric power is going to thr control panel The oven lite works Is there a reset button on the Maytag cwe5800ace model or will have to get a control panel Any information may be helpful Thanks
Posted by Anonymous on
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Keypad/clock went blank
Normally when a power surge lands a direct hit on a non protected circuit board, it will usually fry it completely. you can confirm this by shutting down the power for 5 minutes. if the control doesn't respond after the 5 minutes of no power, this will confirm circuit failure due to the surge and, you will need to replace the board in this case.
Posted on May 21, 2009
HI, unfortunately, it is not just dirt, this is a faulty touch pad that is combined with the control board. most touch pads are separate parts that are clipped in front of the circuit board but, in this case, the touch pad and control board are one piece. You will need to replace the entire control board in this case. the touch pad is faulty.
Posted on Jun 03, 2009
It is the whole front face w/ the buttons. My whole neigborhood has these ovens (same builder, same ovens) and this part lasts about 2-4 years. The part is about $165. You can see it on Home Depot's appliance repair site. It looks like there is nothing electronic, but there is, and it's busted. It is really easy to replace:
1. Turn off the breaker at your house's breaker panel.
2. Verify there is no power to the oven.
3. Open the oven door. Look on the right and left side of the oven. There should be 4-6 screws going from vertical trim pieces of the oven into your cabinets. Your builder may have also put screws from the bottom trim of the oven into your cabinets. Mine did not. Remove these screws.
4. After that, your oven should slide forward out of the cabinet. Pull it about 6 inches out.
5. There are two screws (1/4 inch hex headed screws) holding the front panel to the oven. Remove those.
6.Slide the front panel off.
7. Remove the computer ribbon looking wire from the back of the control panel. It's a strange connection - it should come out effortlessly when done right. The little grey connection that surrounds the wire's entry point stays on the panel, but a wedge is jammed between the grey surround and the wire. You pull the wedge out and the wire comes out...easier than my credit card out of my wallet.
8. Remove the four screws (again, 1/4 inch hex headed screws) connecting the thick, double layered circuit board and clock display from the metal face.
9. The metal face is what you need to replace. Pasted onto the front of the metal face is a super thin button panel, and that's the part that died, and will die again, and again, and again...
email me for pics email@example.com
Posted on Sep 30, 2009
HI. This will be the actual control board in this case, that will be the culprit. the control board, and touch pad, are integrated. These symptoms are indicating that the key pad membrane is damaged. This will require you to replace the entire control board. Once the control is replaced, these issues will be corrected.
Posted on Nov 03, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 10, 2015 | Maytag CWE4800ACB 2.6 cu. ft. 24" Single...
Oct 16, 2013 | Maytag 30" Built-In Double Electric Wall...
Jun 26, 2010 | Maytag 24" Built-In Double Electric Wall...
Dec 09, 2009 | Maytag 24" Built-In Single Electric Wall...
May 18, 2009 | Maytag CWE5800A Electric Double Oven
Dec 12, 2008 | Maytag 30" Built-In Single Electric Wall...
Jul 01, 2008 | Whirlpool RBS245PDS Electric Single Oven
Jan 02, 2008 | Maytag CWE5800A Electric Double Oven
45 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: