Question about Home

1 Answer

Replace flapper in 1962 Crane, where do I find one Home Depot or Lowes

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.


    An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.

  • Expert
  • 67 Answers

Most hardware stores will carry a universal replacement for your style of fixture. Your best bet is to take the one off your toilet and take to the hardware store so that you can match it up with the correct style.

Posted on Jul 17, 2010


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

The flapper leaks, replaced it twice and it still leaks. Is there something in the design that is wrong. can I get a good alternative?

There are different types of flappers at Lowes or Home Depot. Turn your water off at wall and take flapper to either store and service people/plumbers will assist you for free to get right one that works and also show where and how to adjust.

Apr 03, 2014 | Fluidmaster 5403 3-in Universal Flapper

1 Answer

Drips into bowl then refills over and over

Time to replace the valve and flapper. lowes or home depot about 15.00 dollars

Apr 20, 2012 | Home

1 Answer

When I flush, I believe the flapper is not seating correctly inside the toliet because the pump runs ocassionally!?!? Any suggestions?

Those flappers need to be replaced regularly. They are available at many store like Home Depot or Lowes Make sure to get the make of your toilet and maybe even the number of the tank. It is stamped on the inside of the tank.
Then buy a new flapper and replace it, it is easy!


Apr 20, 2011 | Saniflo Home

1 Answer

Flapper will not seal having trouble getting old one off and getting a new one

The best way to fix that is to replace all the insides, they sell a kit at any home depot, lowes or ace. It will include a fill valve , flapper and handle and a flush valve. the kit usually runs about $20. Just be careful in removing the tank bolts and when putting them back on, that you don't overtighten and crack the tank. but that will fix the problem easy.

Tool Belt Diva

Mar 15, 2011 | Home

1 Answer

I am looking to replace the part inside tank that lifts flapper

Remove the entire chain, and take it to a hardware store, or home center (Home depot or Lowes) and ask for a suitable replacement.
Or you could replace the entire flapper that comes with a chain, at any of the above named stores.
Dont forget to take the flapper with you...
Good luck

Feb 21, 2009 | Jacuzzi Bath Era BK37 959 White toilet...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Home Logo

Related Topics:

118 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Home Experts

john h

Level 3 Expert

16314 Answers

Tom Chichester

Level 3 Expert

45940 Answers

Brad Brown

Level 3 Expert

17433 Answers

Are you a Home Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides