Question about HP Pavilion zt1155 Notebook
Could be norton slowing down your pc takes a lot of memory to run i use avg free and spybot search and destroy again a free program before you remove norton do a google search for a program called hijackthis you can check if there's any unrecognised programs running on your laptop and if there is upload the log file to forums to get help one other forum user another thing that might be slowing your computer down is having too many programs running at startup go to accessories run command prompt program and type msconfig.exe when it loads look under the startup tab and untick the boxes of programs you don't need at startup then click on apply tab reboot pc you'll get a box popping up just put a tick in the box where it says don't show this again.then reboot and see if laptop runs faster
Posted on Jul 15, 2010
Testimonial: "Thank you for the lightning speed response! Will try the fixes recommended."
Run System In Safe Mode:
To identify the root cause of theproblem, first of all restart your system, press and hold F8 key. Do thefollowing once you are on the desktop.
1. Right click on Computer.
2. Select Manage.
3. Click on Event Viewer in computer management.
4. Double click on Application.
5. Check for the errors.
6. Similarly double click on System and check for the errors.
7. Search for the solution to this problem. Now you are able to easily diagnosewhy Windows laptop starts up very slow. b> Limit your Startup list: A long list of programs in startupcan adversely affect the performance of your PC. There are some programsrunning in the background without knowledge of user that causes Windows laptopto start slower. To solve the problem, follow the steps given below. 1. Click on Start button.
2. Type "msconfig" in search option.
3. Double click on the file.
4. Click on Startup.
5. Uncheck all unwanted programs.
6. Close system configuration utility.
7. You are done. b> Uninstall unwanted program: Sometimes Windows laptop starts upvery slow due to unwanted programs hogging your memory. To fix this problem,below are some steps. 1. Click on Start button on thetaskbar.
2. Go to Control Panel.
3. Double click on Add or Remove Programs.
4. In the list of programs, select the program that you no longer needed.
5. Click on Remove button.
6. Repeat step 4 for all unwanted programs.
7. You are done. b> Scan System for Viruses: Windows laptop may start slower due to any virus onyour computer. To solve this problem you should scan your system with somepowerful antivirus program. b> Run Disk Clean Up: Running disk clean up utility isalso helpful to resolve slow Windows start up. To run disk clean up utility,here are the steps given: 1. Click on Start button.
2. Go to All Programs.
3. Click on Accessories.
4. Now click on System tools.
5. Click on Disk clean up. b> Defrag hard disk: 1. Click on Start button.
2. Go to Command Prompt.
3. Type "chkdsk" and press Enter. b> Defrag Registry: You mayuse some safe program such as McAfee secured RegInOut to fix registry relatedissues.
Posted on Jun 29, 2011
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 23, 2014 | HP Computers & Internet
Mar 02, 2011 | Symantec Norton 360 Version 3.0 Full...
Jul 11, 2010 | HP Pavilion dv4307CL Notebook
Jul 14, 2009 | Symantec Norton 360 2.0 for PC
Nov 09, 2008 | Intel Pentium 3 , 450 MHz Pentium III...
Aug 09, 2008 | Norton Internet Security 2005...
Jul 29, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Jul 13, 2008 | Computers & Internet
125 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!