Question about Computers & Internet
Posted by Anonymous on
*Solution* - Your WPA key is the password used to connect to your wireless network at home. If you don't remember your WPA key, here's a way you can check it:
- Go to a computer that's connected to your wireless.
- Go to the run command from the start menu.
- Type in "cmd" without the quotations.
- When the command prompt comes up, type in "ipconfig" without the quotations.
- Look to where it says "Default Gateway" and write that number down: that number is the IP address of your router.
- Open up your internet browser and type that number into the address bar at the top.
- Most likely, you will be prompted to enter a username and password. If you have never set one up before, the defaults for netgear routers are:
Password: password (For older routers, the password is 1234)
- There should be a section called "Wireless settings" or something to that affect. Click on that and you will be able to see what wireless encryption you are using (WEP, WPA, WPA2, etc) and what the password is.
- Use that password for your key.
Posted on Jul 15, 2010
Hi, this is the same key you had to enter to connect your pc/laptop to the router. If your router came from your broadband provider then chances are key is on the bottom of the router.
If this helps please rate me
Posted on Jul 15, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 28, 2011 | Zhone (6218-I2-200) Router
Dec 29, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Dec 26, 2010 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Dec 04, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Nov 05, 2010 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Jan 31, 2010 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Dec 28, 2009 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Oct 27, 2009 | NetGear WNDR3300 - RangeMax Dual Band...
Jun 12, 2009 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Nov 26, 2008 | NetGear WGR614 Router
Nov 22, 2017 | Edge Computers & Internet
180 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!