Question about GE JVM1650 1000 Watts Microwave Oven
I opened the control panel of my GE Profile Microwave. Now how do I disconnect the ribbon cable and take out the key pad. I am getting F3 error and looks like it's related to keypad.
We have *critical* safety, disassembly, and troubleshooting info at our site, and our link is at our listing here on FixYa: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk
There should also be a "mini-manual" hidden inside the unit behind the control panel, which is very helpful when troubleshooting. It will help you test the keypad with your meter.
You can usually find helpful exploded view diagrams and order parts by entering your full model number here: http://tinyurl.com/gv383
If you'd rather have us fix it for you, we do that for $39.95 plus parts.
DISCONNECTING THE KEYPAD
1. Be sure the oven is disconnected from the power line while you are taking it apart.
2. The keypad connection is the green or blue translucent plastic strip that plugs into a connector near the edge of the board.
3. There are two tiny tabs (one on each side) of the connector that you can gently pull up on to unlock the connector.
4. Then the keypad strip will lift out. Clean both sides of the end of the strip with alcohol-based cleaner if you like, but do not use ammonia-based cleaner. Dry the end of the strip. (A pencil eraser is better and safer).
5. Put the keypad strip back in, making sure both sides are down fully.
6. While holding the strip down, push the connector back down to lock it.
7. Try the keys again with the door closed.
We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
William E. Miller, AS-EET
Posted on Apr 20, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 22, 2013 | GE Profile Spacemaker Over-the-Range...
Apr 03, 2012 | GE Profile Spacemaker 1.8 Cu. Ft....
Nov 06, 2011 | GE Profile Spacemaker Over-the-Range...
Jul 23, 2011 | GE Profile Spacemaker Over-the-Range...
Apr 26, 2010 | GE Profile Spacemaker Over-the-Range...
Dec 06, 2009 | GE JVM1840 Microwave Oven
Nov 21, 2009 | GE Profile Spacemaker Over-the-Range...
945 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!