An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: my wireless connection is not working
You will need to check the wireless settings of the router is there any computer connected to the router ? If yes then you can open the router set up page on that computer. Router set up page is the page where you can check all the wireless settings of the router.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Yes, but you have either have to have access on the router or if it is a free connection you will have to scan for that router to gain access and click on the router that is open to you if you have a wireless card in the Sylvania G net book which should have a wireless card built into the mother board. It will take you to set up your net book for wireless connectivity. 2. If you are trying to get connection through wireless router via a home network the administrator will have to allow your net book to have access, that is he will have to give you permission to connect with either a MAC address or an IP ( internet Protocol address).
check the wireless settings of the router . Make sure that you are typing the correct network key if your network is secured. May be you will need to open the ports on the router. Click Here for more information
My problem is not being able to work wirelessly with my laptop. My answers to your questions are underlined(I've used your questions to someone elses problem)
One possible issue is your router's wireless radio is not enabled- the light on the router is lite on the symbol for wireless
or the wireless radio is not enabled on the computer you are attempting to connect to the router with - there is a switch on the front of this machine which is switched to wireless.
There are many other possibilities as well. That is why we need you to carefully answer EACH ONE of the following questions.
(01) Which of the following is your router? -->> F5D7230-4 (Wireless G Router)
(03) Are ANY of the computers connected to your Belkin router able to access the Internet? YES
(04) If there are other computers connected to the router that are able to access the Internet, how are they connected? (in each case, please) only this machine is connected but it is by.... (b) wired (using an Ethernet patch cable connected between the router and the computer)
(05) What is the manufacturer and model number of the computer you are attempting to access the Internet via the router on?
HP Pavilion dv2500
(06) What operating system is installed on the computer you are attempting to access the Internet via the router on?
This machine is operating on Vista but the internet access I have is with talktalk
(07) Have you ever successfully connected (wirelessly) to the Internet from the computer you are attempting to wirelessly access the Internet through your Belkin router on? NO
I hope you don't mind me using your questions to someone else, I thought you might be able to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I am connected to the internet but don't seem to be able to work wirelessly. Lorraine
Try the manual method.connect router to pc with ethernet cable
1.logon to 192.168.0.1
2.Connection type ; PPPOE
3.type in your username@ISp and pass
5.Configure wireless setting(SSID,Wep)
Configure pc with the same SSID and WEP
uplug the ethernet cable and check if your are able t connect wireless