Question about Dell Studio 1737 Laptop
You can get the service manual for you Dell Studio Laptop from the following website (http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/studio1737/en/index.htm)
If you find the solution please do not forget to rate the solution
Posted on Jul 14, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
You can try the steps below and this definately should fix the issue.
Download and install the latest touchpad driver:
Uninstall the touchpad driver:
1. Click the Start button, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
2. When the Control Panel window appears, double-click the Add or Remove Programs icon.
3. Locate the software for your keyboard or mouse in the list below.
• Microsoft IntelliPoint software
• Logitech software
• DellTouch software
• Synaptics software
• Alps software
• Set Point software
4. Click to highlight the device name and then click the Remove button.
5. Follow the prompts to uninstall the input device driver/software.
Download and Install the Latest Touchpad Driver Available:
Please follow the link below to install the latest touchpad driver.
1. Locate “Input device drivers” and click on (+) sign next to it.
2. Select “Touchpad”, click Download Now. You may receive a warning and an option to run or save the file.
3. Click Save.
4. When the Save As window appears, designate a folder (desktop) to save the file that is being downloaded, and then click Save.
5. When the download is complete, go to desktop and locate the same file.
6. Right click on it and run as administrator.
7. Click on allow and follow the simple instructions to update the touchpad driver.
Please do not forget to rate the solution.
Posted on Jun 12, 2009
My best guess is, if they crackle with the speakers but not the headfones, then replace the speakers. Must be a lose wire or something of that nature.
Posted on Jul 27, 2009
May be the poweron switch is bad. The only way out is to approach the Dell Helpline. How??? open your google search for Dell helpline. Google will give you all the helpline site in your country. (you have not mentioned where you are). Each country has plenty of helplines. Select nearest to you. If the switch is bad then the laptop need opening.
Posted on Aug 30, 2009
SOURCE: how can i remove a
Since you drive does not open using the button nor with the mouse (open my computer - right click on the proper dvd rom drive - choose eject), software may be interfering with the normal operation of the drive. Do the following:
1. Attempt to Eject the CD in System Setup. Reboot the computer and tap the F2 key while at the Dell logo screen to enter System Setup. Then attempt to eject the CD tray using the button on the drive. If the drive ejects properly, there is a software conflict that needs to be resolved.
2. In case that the solution before didn't help, locate a small hole near the eject button of the tray. Use a paper clip in order to put it in this hole and push the internal cogwheel to rotate and open the drive.
In case of a problem or clarification, don't hesitate to post me a reply before rejecting my answer.
If you are satisfied, rate my solution with the "thumbs" or (even better) add a testimonial.
Thanks and regards
Please kindly rate this solution
direct FixYa link: http://www.fixya.com/users/technical114
Posted on Sep 03, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 14, 2014 | Dell Studio 1737 Laptop
Nov 02, 2012 | Dell Studio 1737 Laptop
Oct 19, 2012 | Dell Studio 1737 Laptop
Oct 19, 2012 | Dell Studio 1737 (Studio 1737-RubyR) PC...
Apr 18, 2011 | Dell Studio 1737 Laptop
Apr 15, 2011 | Dell Studio 1737 Laptop
Dec 22, 2009 | Dell Studio 17 Laptop
Oct 21, 2009 | Dell Studio 1737 Laptop
544 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: