New Intel MacPro + Epson SP R1800 printer + OSX 10.5.2 = Nightmare.
I managed to solve this problem by, probably, doing what I should've done in the first place: Deleting the printer from the print queue and starting again from scratch.
I read the following instructions from a message from Epson and it pointed me in the right direction. It sounds obvious now, but when you think you've tried everything and you've started to pull your hair out, you can overlook what is staring you in the face.
Message from Epson:
If your output is faint or if the driver settings and/or features are
missing, your system may have automatically added the printer using the
Gutenprint driver. Many Epson drivers are provided with Leopard but the
driver for your printer needs to be downloaded from the Epson website.
Determine Which Driver is Currently Being Used
1. Click on the Apple icon in the upper left corner of the Finder and open
2. In the System Preferences window, click on Print & Fax.
3. In the list of printers on the left side of the Print & Fax window,
click once on your Epson printer to select it.
4. Check the name of the driver being used; it is displayed in the center
of the Print & Fax window next to “Kind”.
5. If the driver name displayed next to “Kind” is Gutenprint, the incorrect
driver is being used. Follow the steps in the next section to select the
Selecting the Correct Driver
1. Turn off the printer.
2. Delete the print queue and remove the printer from Print & Fax by
clicking on the minus button under the list of printers. Click OK to
confirm the removal.
3. Go to the Epson support website (www.epson.com/support).
4. Select your product model and download the driver for OS X 10.5 Leopard
5. Double-click the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions
to install the printer driver.
6. Click on the Apple icon in the upper left corner of the Finder and open
The message ended there.
If anyone out there is having a similar problem to me, then I hope this thread helps.
All the best. logan
Mar 02, 2008 |
Epson Stylus Photo R1800 InkJet Printer