Question about Craftsman Garden
I need fuel line configuration for a craftsman chainsaw model # 358.360171
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Your saw is a Poulan. Try converting the cc to a model number. A 2.2cc Craftsman is often a Poulan model 2200. go to this link and find something that appears the same under (POULAN-WEED-EATER).
The IPL will help. Pay attention to the year there is a different area for older saws.
For a current saw Craftsman should have something available.
Posted on Sep 04, 2009
Fuel Line Replacement by SmallEng.com
Posted on Nov 02, 2009
Testimonial: "Hi Lou. I did have it backwards. I will change it to what you have and hope it works. Thanks, MIKE"
We are prohibited from contacting you directly.
Oil System Plugged:
1. Remove the clutch cover, bar, and chain, clean the bar groove, any holes and passages on the rear of the bar (both sides, consider rotating the bar), if equipped with a sprocket nose ensure it rotates easily at least one complete revolution.
• Clean the saw oiler hole and channel. Insert a blunted, hooked piece of wire through the oil filler hole and pull the hose in the oil tank out.
• Pay attention to the screen or filter on the free end (clean or replace, difficult to determine serviceability).
• Start the saw and see if it oils when revved up (oozes down side of saw).
• If yes reassemble your saw. If no, continue with 2.
2. Work your way through the linkage (use IPL to identify components and locations) cleaning and replacing any defective parts as you go.
• Carefully check the hoses for cracks especially at bends and connections.
• If equipped with an oil pump it is usually behind the clutch (clutch is a left handed thread).
• Please make extensive notes & some digital pictures will help during reassembly.
3. If it does not oil on completion of 1 it is most likely a bad oiler or worm gear (see IPL for the location).
The IPL (exploded parts list) for your saw is the only detail for the oil system, it is sketchy at best. Oiler components and part numbers are listed but may be on different illustrations. They are also beneficial with disassembly/reassembly:
It appears to have an outboard clutch, this will be helpful;
R² Drive Link Outboard Clutch by Drivelink.blogspot.com
If you have more questions or need additional help please reply below and I will get back to you. HTH & Good Luck.
Thank You for using FixYa.
Posted on May 11, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 30, 2014 | Craftsman Garden
Aug 31, 2014 | Craftsman 38cc 16" Gas Chain Saw
Jul 09, 2014 | Poulan Pro 42CC 2 Cycle Chainsaw, 18"
Oct 18, 2013 | Craftsman 42cc 18" Gas Chain Saw
Sep 27, 2012 | Craftsman sears 18" Chain Saw Chain (...
Mar 09, 2012 | Craftsman Garden
Feb 12, 2011 | Craftsman sears 18" Chain Saw Chain (...
Sep 04, 2009 | Husqvarna Craftsman 36cc, 16 In. Gas Chain...
Feb 27, 2009 | Poulan Pro 42CC 2 Cycle Chainsaw, 18"
133 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: