While on vacation, i turned my camera on from charging the battery over night, and the display screen was all grey and full of lines. if i try to check what flash setting it's on, or check to see any of the settings, i get the same screen. i cannot see any of my previously taken photos or what photo i am trying to take at the current moment. i've tried resetting it but that doesn't help. any suggestions would be appreciated as the camera is pretty much useless to me without the display screen.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You must replace the batteries. This is a very common problem with all digital cameras. They require a massive amount of power. They will shut off as soon as there is insufficient power to run them. Try rechargable lithium 2400 batteries, they last the longest in digital cameras.
The easiest way to get rid of the date time stamp with a broken lcd screen is to do a mual reset of the camera, which can be done by
1. turn of camera
2. remove memory card
3. remove battery and make sure the ac power cord is not connected.
4. you need to press the reset switch which is located above the battery slot. To do this you need to get a paper clip and straighten it and push the straighted end into reset switch until the switch is depressed.
5. reinsert the battery.
6. after you verify that the camera works without the optional memory card reinsert the memory card.
the factory setting default does not have the date/time stamp activated.