Question about Washing Machines
Posted by Anonymous on
Try this out
HOW TO FIX ERROR 7 PROBLEM!
This problem is quite common on these machines, especially just after the machine has been moved. As a previous poster has said, Err 7 is a motor error. It is usually because the electrical connector has become detatched from the motor. Here is how to fix it.
* First of all, PLEASE unplug the machine from the wall socket! And switch off the water supply too!
* Pull the machine out from under the counter, and turn it so that you have access to the back of the machine.
* Remove the 3 phillips screws that secure the back plate. You are only removing the small plate immediately behind the drum, not the whole back panel!
* Look through the hole you have just created by removing the panel down towards the bottom of the machine. You will see the motor. Hopefully you will also see a 7 way connector not connected to anything, and a 7-way socket on the motor! (7 way means that it connects 7 different wires!)
* Plug the connector back on to the motor. Don't worry, it will only go one way round, so you can't get it wrong. If the connector looks like it is connected, give it a little wiggle and a push to make sure it is fully home.
* Replace the the small back panel, taking note that the top of the panel goes BEHIND the main back panel, and the bottom of it goes IN FRONT of the main panel. (This could be the other way round, I can't remember!)
* Push the machine back under the counter, making sure that it is level (level it up by turning the 2 feet at the front of the machine until it doesn't wobble), reconnect the water and plug it in to the electricity supply.
* Turn the machine on and attempt to operate the machine. (Top Tip: Select the wool or quick wash to test the machine, otherwise you will have to wait 3.5 hrs for the machine to go through a cotton/linen wash! Unplugging the machine won't help, because it remembers where it was when it gets a power cut!)
hope this helps
Posted on Jul 14, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 29, 2013 | Washing Machines
Apr 04, 2011 | Washing Machines
Feb 12, 2011 | Washing Machines
Sep 02, 2010 | Haier Washing Machines
Jan 07, 2010 | Haier Washing Machines
Oct 29, 2009 | Washing Machines
Sep 12, 2008 | LG TROMM WM2688H 4.0 cu.ft. Front Loading...
Apr 28, 2008 | Haier Washing Machines
Aug 22, 2017 | Washing Machines
294 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!