Question about Dell 924 All-in-One InkJet Printer
I have the same problem. paper jam but either no paper in printer or at least no paper jam. i don't understand that strange symbol or what # ? 9
you're talking about. is it on the printer some where? or on the computer?
is that f9 on the computer? unpluged the printer and repluged the printer
to no avail.
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";
printer does not have visible paper jam and printer is showing error paper jam
Check if the Encoder Strip is Broken or Missing
1.Power down the printer and unplug the power.
2.Slide the cartridge carrier inside the printer a couple of inches to the left.
3.Locate the encoder strip (Figure 1) on the right-side of the cartridge carrier encoder strip
The encoder strip is a plastic strip with small markings over its entire length. The strip may appear to be translucent.
Reposition the Encoder Strip
1. Remove the power cord from the printer.
2. Lift the scanner unit to expose the inside, where the printer cartridges are located.
3. Gently slide the ink cartridge carrier to the middle of the printer.
4. Gently move the top part of the printer belt to the right.
5. Using an index finger, gently push encoder strip (Figure 1) down and then back up, to get it back into the slot located on the back of the ink cartridge carrier.
6. Gently press the strip first to the rear, and then forward, to ensure that it is seated correctly.
7. Manually move the ink cartridge carrier to the left, then to the right, to check the positioning of the encoder strip.
8. Once the encoder strip has been re-seated, close the scanner lid.
9. Re-connect the power cord to the printer.
Ensure the Paper Tray is Not Overfilled
Each printer tray has a maximum capacity rating, and this rating is based on a specific paper weight and or thickness. Consequently, situations might arise in which the tray will not be able to accommodate the maximum number of sheets listed in the printer specifications. Verify that the paper is not packed too tightly in the paper tray.
Adjust the Printer Paper Guides
Adjust the paper guides to fit the size paper being used .The guides should be close (1/16" or less) to the paper without touching, so that the paper stays properly aligned without continually rubbing the guides.
Locate and Remove Any Obstructions Inside the Printer and Input Tray
1. Open the front cover and make sure the kickstand (if there is one) is engaged.
2. Locate and remove any obstructions within the printer, such as paper pieces, staples, tape, or other objects.
3. Close the cover.
4. Remove all paper from the input tray.
5. Inspect the input tray for any obstructions.\
6. Remove any visible obstructions.
7. Reinsert the paper.
Posted on Nov 07, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 04, 2012 | Epson STYLUS R230 InkJet Photo Printer
Mar 02, 2011 | Canon Pixma iP2600 Photo InkJet Printer
Oct 26, 2009 | Dell 924 All-in-One InkJet Printer
May 21, 2009 | Dell 924 All-in-One InkJet Printer
May 19, 2009 | Dell 924 All-in-One InkJet Printer
Oct 01, 2008 | Dell 924 All-in-One InkJet Printer
Apr 04, 2008 | Dell 962 Photo All-In-One InkJet Printer
238 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!