Question about Computers & Internet
To change the resolution on your screen / monitor, follow the instructions below : -
1. With no programs or windows open, press on the right-hand button of your computer mouse. A menu will appear.
2. Click on Properties, and another window will appear entitled Display Properties.
3. Click on the word Settings at top right.
4. The window will change. Look for a box entitled " Screen area or resolution", with words Less on the left and More on the right of a sliding scale. Beneath this you will see the present setting, i.e.1024 by 768 pixels. Using the left button of your mouse, click just to the left of the downward pointing arrow and the resolution will change. Set it to 800 x 600 pixels.
5. Now comes the scary part, so do not panic. Click on OK.
6. A small window will open, again called Display Properties, with the message that Windows will now resize your Desktop. Click on OK and the screen will go black (remember do not panic). After a few moments your Desktop will reappear with the icons etc looking much bigger. (If your computer operating system is XP you finish here) If you are using an old operating system like Windows 98, the same Display Properties will be showing, overlain by a small window entitled You resized your Desktop. Do you want to keep these setting?
7. Click on YES and the screen will go black again for few moments (remember do not panic).
You have now resized your screen / monitor settings. To revert to your original settings just follow the procedure above changing the pixels size to what you want.
Posted on Jul 14, 2010
The problem statement is not very specific, but it sounds as if your display resolution has been changed.
Right-click on the desktop, view the display properties, and change your screen resolution to a higher resolution.
Posted on Jul 14, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 25, 2013 | Dell Inspiron Computers & Internet
Jan 28, 2013 | Samsung Cell Phones
Dec 19, 2011 | Yahoo Messenger
Jun 11, 2011 | Computers & Internet
May 15, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jan 16, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Oct 07, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Sep 27, 2009 | HP Pavilion G60-120US NoteBook
Nov 16, 2007 | Sanyo DS32224 TV
35 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!