Question about Office Equipment & Supplies

1 Answer

Fax machine memory is at 99%. How do I or do I need to clear some of the memory?

Posted by Anonymous on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    Superstar:

    An expert that got 20 achievements.

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 1,110 Answers

You did not indicate your model and manufacturer but on MOST machines the 99% would mean that you have 99% of your memory remaining. Meaning only 1% is used at this time. This would indicate that there is 1 document waiting to be sent, printed etc.
So I would say that you do not need to perform any reset.
Thank You for using Fixya.

Posted on Jul 13, 2010

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Clear memory


Press Menu *2864 within 3 seconds. You will see "Maintenance" on the lcd. Now press 01 and it will initialize. Now press 55 to reset the scanner. When it goes back to maintenance then press 99 to exit and you have wiped all its memory.

Jan 30, 2014 | Brother IntelliFAX 4100 Laser Fax

1 Answer

Clearing fax numbers from my brother mfc 8220 printer


press menu*2864, display will flash, then enter 01 on the keypad,wait 30 seconds and then press 99 on keypad, machine is now returned to factory settings

Nov 20, 2011 | Brother MFC-8220 Fax

1 Answer

Message: POOR LINE CONDITION / OUT OF MEMORY HOW DO I CLEAR THE MEMORY?


press menu *2864, display will flash if entered correctly, then press 91, then 99, memory should be cleared

Aug 16, 2011 | Brother MFC-8220 Fax

1 Answer

How do i clear the memory in my brother 240c fax/printer machine


Press menu*2864 within 3 seconds. the screen will show "maintenance". now pres 01 and it will initialise. Press 55 and wait for maintenance again. now press 99 to exit back to date and time.
the machine will have cleared all its memory and returned back to default.

May 31, 2011 | Brother MFC 240C All-In-One InkJet Printer

1 Answer

CLEAR MEMORY ON CANNON FAX MACHINE


Hi,
if you get the message MEMORY FULL to clear it just unplug the power cord for a minute or so.
But if you want to clear all machines memory, enter the service mode ( MENU and # ) select Clear and ALL.
After these you need to reenter fax settings, such as fax number, sender name, ring count,...

Hope that helps!

Aug 26, 2010 | Canon L120 Fax Laser Printer

1 Answer

Can not send more than 99 pages as PC fax.


Like every fax machine, there is a limit to how many pages it can keep in memory before needing to be cleared. Yours is apparently only 99. If you want to send more than 99 pages at a time without clearing the memory, i'd look for another printer.

Jun 12, 2009 | Brother MFC-7820N Printer

2 Answers

Need to clear memory


This means that you have 99% free memory.

Apr 17, 2009 | Brother IntelliFax-2820 Laser Fax

2 Answers

Sharp FO 4400 full memory after power surge


Try holding down the stop and start keys while turning the power on and see if that clears the problem.

Andrew

Mar 16, 2009 | Sharp FO-4400 Fax

1 Answer

I have a Muratec F300 that wont let the user Fax getting - All Commands in use


Sounds like you have a "glitch" in there... would suggest a complete RAM clear to set machine back to factory defaults...you will then have to reprogramme machine of course.
Try MENU, *, 03

Jun 06, 2008 | Muratec F-300 Fax

1 Answer

Problems with the fax machine


YOU CAN TRY A SYSTEM CLEAR BUT IT MOST LIKELY NEEDS A FUSER UNIT
SYSTEM CLEAR  MENU *2864 THEN 01 THEN 99 TO EXIT

Aug 31, 2007 | Brother IntelliFAX 4100 Laser Fax

Not finding what you are looking for?
Office Equipment & Supplies Logo

Related Topics:

137 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Office Equipment & Supplies Experts

kakima

Level 3 Expert

102366 Answers

k24674

Level 3 Expert

7993 Answers

yadayada
yadayada

Level 3 Expert

75822 Answers

Are you an Office Equipment and Supply Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...