Question about Philips SPC230NC Webcam
you have a focus ring placed outside the lens so please adjust that so that you clear image
if you want more info please check this website http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/s/spc230nc_00/spc230nc_00_dfu_eng.pdf
please rate me if information was usefull
Posted on Jul 13, 2010
Try to adjust the resolution of your Cam and the contrast
Posted on Jul 13, 2010
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Check the cleanliness of the lens first. If it looks reasonable, then try turning the small outer circle around the lens to focus the camera.
If that doesn't work, then the lens may have become loose from the focus function, it'll either need re-attaching somehow or maybe even complete replacement.
Posted on Jul 07, 2009
It depends on what program you are using it in, the quality of the webcam and the computer resources
When I open my webcam from the desktop - I can hold a newspaper in front of it and read the print
Make sure the lens is clean and check to see if you have a focus ring around the lens you can rotate to sharpen the image ( like a telescope )
Posted on Jan 21, 2010
Copy this site and paste it in your web browser and
select your camera image and click on it.
When you get to the next window, there is the download for your camera.
Download drivers and then do this.
Disconnect the Camera from the USB port and reinstall the CD or Downloaded software program. When the program asks you to connect the camera to the USB port, do so and it should work.
Then to use it on the Web, do this.
Web Camera’s have to be setup on the program they are to be used with. Just installing the camera on your computer does not set it up to broadcast on messengers or Skype.
Each program has Options that have to be setup in order for the Audio and Video to function properly.
A. Skype Setup:
After downloading and installing Skype set it up as follows:
1. Go to Tools, then Options, and click on Audio Settings and set the Microphone and Speakers to the computer Audio Card.
2. Then click on the Video Settings.
3. The camera if Installed Properly will come up and show a video picture.
4. Then, on the bottom of the page click on Save.
The camera and audio should function properly. Your friends and Family will now be able to see and her to you.
B. Yahoo Setup:
After downloading and installing Yahoo Messenger set it up as follows:
1. Click on Messenger at the top left and then go down to Preferences and then the Preference Window will come up.
2. Next click on Calling and Devices. In the Calling & Devices on the right and set the Microphone and Speakers to the computer Audio Card or sound device installed in the computer.
3. Just below that, go to the Test Audio section and (in blue writing) click on “Open the call setup assistant” and follow the instructions on the left window.
4. Then after completing the Audio Setup, on left panel, go to down and click on Super Webcam and click on Start Super Webcam Mode Automatically.
5. Then click APPLY and then OK.
6. Next click on MESSENGER and then click on MY WEBCAM and you camera should BRODCSAST and you will see your picture.
C. Windows Live Messenger:
1. After you start Windows Live Messenger, expand the view by clicking on the square on top left next to the red X.
2. Then on the Windows Live messenger window on the right side, click on “ “Show Menus.” And then click on “Show the Menu Bar”.
3. Next go to the Menu Bar on right side, click on “ “Action.”
4. Go to “TOOLS” and click “Audio and Video Setting” and follow the instructions.
NOTE: Your audio and video should work. Enjoy.
When done both the Audio and Video will function properly so you can chat and see family or friends you are connected to.
D. AIM (AOL) Messenger
1. On the VIM sign-in window click on Edit.
2. Then click on Settings Enhanced IM.
3. Next click on Enhanced IM.
4. Then click on Audio Video.
5. The Audio and Video portion has drop downs so you can select the proper audio card and video camera installed in you computer.
The Audi Video drop downs are
Adjust Your Audio and Video Settings:
In order to adjust your audio and video settings, please follow the steps given below:
1. Click the Audio and Video Settings button directly below the My Buddy or My Camera window. If you are currently participating in an AOL Live Video IM session, a message will display: You must disconnect the current AOL Live Video IM conversation before running setup. Would you like to disconnect now? Click the Yes button.
2. The Audio and Video Tuning Wizard will appear to help you verify that your camera, speakers and microphone are working properly. Follow the on-screen prompts.
· The first time you use AOL Live Video IM, a message will display: Would you like to first check your audio and video settings? Click the Yes button. The Audio and Video Tuning Wizard will appear to help you verify that your camera, speakers and microphone are working properly. Follow the on-screen prompts.
· images in AOL Live Video IM may appear reversed, or as a mirror image (text may appear backwards) when you look at your own camera feed or at the picture-in-picture (PIP) display.
After making the settings your ready for a chat and video talk with your Family and Friends. Hope this helps. Bud
Posted on Jan 26, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 13, 2009 | HP Pavilion dv1000 Notebook
Sep 10, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Jul 10, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Jul 07, 2009 | Dynex DX-WC100 Webcam
Apr 22, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Jan 01, 2009 | Radio Shack VGA PC Camera Webcam
Nov 26, 2008 | Logitech Webcam
271 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: