Question about Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
HI. If this is a constant issue that will occur with every game you play, I would recommend to replace the main AV cable. Once this is done, try to play a game and observe. If you experience the same issues with the newly purchased AV cable, this will confirm that there are GPU core issues(solder breaks near GPU socket joints or A/V cable module internal break points). This can only be repaired by a certified Sony tech. You will need to send the unit in for repair, in this severe case. Contact Sony for a repair ticket.
Posted on Jul 13, 2010
You can try the steps below. Its from PlayStation Forum:
1. Turn off Playstation®3.
2. Hold the power button down; the system will turn on and turn off once again.
3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps
4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.
5. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via USB and then hit the PS button
6. The Recovery menu will pop up.
The current Recovery Menu supports:
• Restart System: Restarts the PLAYSTATION®3 System.
• Restore Default Settings: Reset all system settings back to default.
• Restore File System: Checks for corrupt/missing system files.
• Rebuild Database: Rebuilds the OS for the PLAYSTATION®3.
• Restore PS3 System: Fresh restore; Deletes everything and starts from Scratch.
• System Update: Update the PLAYSTATION®3 System
If the above steps still does not solve the problem, then I think will have to update your Ps3.
Update your PS3 (in the settings menu the 1st option).
Go on the internet browser on the PS3 then go on the menu press triangle then on one of them there are delete cookies and the delete the others as
well as cookies.
You could also try this as well: put the PS3 on then press the eject button (with no disc in) then hold it and switch the PS3 off at the back with
your finger on the eject button still holding it, then put it back on and the fan test should be working this may cool it down. It might be over heating.
If after trying the above options and it still does not solve the problem, then maybe the lens is weak and that's why it cannot read any disc.
But if your problem is not still solved, then maybe you should call sony for further assistance.
Posted on Jul 13, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 09, 2011 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Nov 02, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Apr 21, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Mar 25, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Feb 16, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Aug 18, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
May 06, 2009 | Video Game Consoles & Games
Aug 29, 2008 | Sharp 56DR650 56" Rear Projection HDTV
30 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!