Question about JVC GR-DVM70 Mini DV Digital Camcorder
The wheel and plastic button are off.Are they difficult to put back?
I solved this problem Friday night and I have to give credit to a Blogger who suggested buying JB Weld to re-connect the center ring. I cannot find that blog again but if you are out there, THANK YOU VERY MUCH. Here is what I did in more detail and I hope it helps you:
1. JB Weld is and epoxy sold at Home Depot. Go buy it for $5.00
2. Get a piece of tin foil and place the equivalent of 1 drop from each tube onto the foil. The product is activated by mixing the 2 drops together. I mixed this this with a wooden toothpick.
3. Put the outer ring in place on the camera and be sure to line it up correctly. Practice this several times if you have any doubts. Also practice dropping the center ring into place wtih the appropriate alignment before you apply the epoxy! If you do not have a steady hand find someone who does and let them do this for you.
4. After you mix the 2 drops together with the toothpick, apply just enough to the 4 anchoring post on the center piece to cover the tip of the post. This is a very small amount and had be questioning whether it would be enough. It was perfect. I did not apply any to the center post. Not sure if this was something that would be okay.
5. With the epoxy on the tips of the post, carefully drop the center ring in place (play/pause button should be straight up). Make sure that it is in place and put a heavy book on it for 24 hours. I used a Websters Dictionary.
6. Remove the book and it should work for you.
I feel confident that I saved myself a $400 fix.
Posted on Oct 26, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 03, 2014 | Canon DC220 DVD Camcorder
Feb 18, 2011 | Samsung SC-D353 Mini DV Digital Camcorder
Jan 26, 2011 | Samsung SC-D353 Mini DV Digital Camcorder
My name is Rick and I'm a professional repair technician with over 20 years in the business and have repaired many of these. I'm semi retired and work from home with little overhead so I can keep repair costs low. If you decide to have the camera repaired, please click HERE for a directory listing that suits your needs.
If this response has been of any help to you, please be sure and give a positive vote for me on FixYa.com .
Nov 21, 2010 | Canon Optura 300 Mini DV Digital Camcorder
Feb 10, 2010 | Sony Handycam DCR-TRV350 Digital Camcorder
Oct 05, 2008 | Panasonic NV-DS65 Mini DV Digital...
Aug 06, 2008 | Sony Handycam CCD-TRV68 Camcorder
Feb 16, 2008 | Panasonic Palmcorder PV-DV53 Mini DV...
Jan 10, 2008 | Panasonic Palmcorder PV-GS14 Mini DV...
Mar 20, 2010 | JVC GR-DVM70 Mini DV Digital Camcorder
138 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: