Question about JVC GR-DVM70 Mini DV Digital Camcorder
The wheel and plastic button are off.Are they difficult to put back?
I solved this problem Friday night and I have to give credit to a Blogger who suggested buying JB Weld to re-connect the center ring. I cannot find that blog again but if you are out there, THANK YOU VERY MUCH. Here is what I did in more detail and I hope it helps you:
1. JB Weld is and epoxy sold at Home Depot. Go buy it for $5.00
2. Get a piece of tin foil and place the equivalent of 1 drop from each tube onto the foil. The product is activated by mixing the 2 drops together. I mixed this this with a wooden toothpick.
3. Put the outer ring in place on the camera and be sure to line it up correctly. Practice this several times if you have any doubts. Also practice dropping the center ring into place wtih the appropriate alignment before you apply the epoxy! If you do not have a steady hand find someone who does and let them do this for you.
4. After you mix the 2 drops together with the toothpick, apply just enough to the 4 anchoring post on the center piece to cover the tip of the post. This is a very small amount and had be questioning whether it would be enough. It was perfect. I did not apply any to the center post. Not sure if this was something that would be okay.
5. With the epoxy on the tips of the post, carefully drop the center ring in place (play/pause button should be straight up). Make sure that it is in place and put a heavy book on it for 24 hours. I used a Websters Dictionary.
6. Remove the book and it should work for you.
I feel confident that I saved myself a $400 fix.
Posted on Oct 26, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 27, 2011 | Baby Lock BL1556
Apr 23, 2008 | Cameras
Jul 19, 2011 | Lexus IS 250 C Cars & Trucks
Apr 21, 2010 | 1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Jan 18, 2010 | Logitech G25 Wheel And Pedals Set
Mar 27, 2009 | Chevrolet Blazer Cars & Trucks
Oct 25, 2008 | Quinny ZAPP Stroller
May 16, 2008 | 1990 Suzuki Sidekick
May 08, 2007 | Dell 2 Button Mouse 6u226
139 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: