1. Insert any disc 2. Press Eject on remote (Once you eject, don’t pull the disc out) 3. Press DVDSetup on remote 4. Press 8800 on remote 5. Press DVDSetup on remote 6. Press Angle on remote 7. Region code number (0 : free, 1 : USA, 2: Europe) 8. Press(Skip Fwd) on remote.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You should go back to the sales person if it has been a recent purchase as there is no reason why they should even be in a possession of a system that is in the wrong region, there is North American, European and Asian region why they installed one of these other two regions is beyond me, but the answer to your question in short is no, the only thing you can do is encode DVD into a region free and you should be good.
Oh that sucks... I had the same issue with a Sony Xplod Indash DVD Player, You have to contact the Manufacturer, They will either replace the system, or explain to you how to fix it, In my case they replaced mine.
DVD region number (playable region number)
This DVD head unit will play back any disc
whose region number is 2 (or All). DVDs
with a region number other than those listed
below, cannot be played on this DVD player.
To change the region code on the UV8 you must have a dvd playing and 1. with the remote press setup 2. then enter 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. This gives you access to firmware menu. 3. arrow down to tools "system settings" (you should be able to use the touchscreen) enter on region a menu opens and select "0" to make it region free. You can also go down to the brake bypass menu here to to put in "off" mode so you can see movies while driving.
Problem: All DVDs would not play in Jensen MVB85A overhead 8.5 DVD player. Error code: "Incorrect Region Code"
1. Use the remote to power on DVD player 2. Ensure there are NO DVDs in the drive 3. When you see the DVD logo screen, press 9653 on the remote 4. A hidden menu will open stating the region code. My region code was set to 0 and my I was receiving the error. 5. Press the "OK" button to change the Region Code to "1".
Once the region code was set to 1 all DVDs were playing.
Key words: Jensen Audiovox MVB85 incorrect region code
Need to know the country that your DVD player was set for and the brand. Some MFRs do not have a code selection in the service mode set up. Also, were the movies in question come from your country of oigin? Accordianman