Question about Computers & Internet
SOURCE: 1979 Maico 250 Enduro Wiring
with Steering lock on headstock and correct tank using the plug in black connector Bosch ignition - she looks great and pulls like a train.... My problem is that I am entered into an Enduro in France (I am in England) on the 14th October and the bike must have working lights.....It has a headlight and Tail light but no wiring connecting them. There are several spare wires taped up under the tank I am quite happy to carry out the wiring I just need to know the colours to use...and how to check them I have a multimeter available. It has a horn attached and I have bought a high/low /horn switch , as well as a rear brake light switch...,I have written this motoplat instruction quite a while back: http://www.ktm495.mxbikes.com/motoplat.htm Right at the bottom is the color coding for the lightning wires.,,,
Posted on Nov 10, 2008
I think the Service Manual has the wiring diagram in it, but you
will have to increase the size (zoom in) to read it. Get a free
Posted on Nov 21, 2009
ill do a list of things that can help or be the problem.
1) Pull the coil off and wire brush down all the bare metal. then do the same to the frame where it bolted on. Make sure there is a grounded wire that bolts back onto the coil if there was one, Replace the wire end for the ground peice.
2) Pull off the spark end cap and cut the wire down a few mm until you see new wire then screw it back on. (if its NGK)
3) follow the wire from the kill switch and make sure it isnt grounding out.
4) Hotwire - find the kill switch and unplug it. if this doesnt help unplug the ignition key wiring. on older bikes it will work for ignition but not lights for the key part. if this helps you need a new Ignition barrel / Kill switch.
5) check your wiring harness make sure it isnt grounding anywhere exept where its ment to.
6) make your your engine to CDI is plugged in and has no oxide in it
7) try and find somone with a running bike the same as yours and borrow there CDI, if this helps you need to buy a new CDI or check yours for wiring shorts.
hope this helps if not buzz me (skuly@Hotmail.com)
Posted on Feb 17, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 29, 2015 | Yamaha Motorcycles
Jun 03, 2015 | Yamaha XV 535 Virago DX Motorcycles
Apr 23, 2015 | Yamaha Motorcycles
Jan 13, 2014 | 1974 Yamaha DT 360
Sep 13, 2012 | 1996 Yamaha FZX 250 Zeal
Mar 27, 2011 | Yamaha DT 125 R Motorcycles
Jun 20, 2010 | 1974 Yamaha DT 360
Jul 01, 2009 | 1972 Yamaha DT 360
233 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!