Question about Frigidaire FRS26KF6E Side by Side Refrigerator
My Kitchen aid KSRG25FKSS04 freezer is not freezing and fridgirator is not cooling. what is wrong with it?
Hello, few things to check:
1) Remove dirt / dust that has accumulated on the condenser coil located on the back of the fridge, or underneath. Use a vacuum to clean off with.
2) Remove dirt / dust in / around compressor area. Make sure you turn power off first as there are several areas in this area that can "bite."
3) Look for heavy frost / ice buildup in the freezer compartment. Defrost if necessary.
4) Make sure the fan is blowing in the freezer compartment.
5) Make sure there is air flow from the vent at the top of the refrigerator compartment. This air is driven by the fan in the freezer (most models).
6) Loading a lot of unfrozen food into the freezer compartment will have the appearance of the fridge going out, but is actually functioning normally as it removes heat from the food so it will freeze.
7) Your thermostat is not working correctly. Move it to the coldest setting if not already done so. Listen for the compressor to kick on. If it doesn't, bad t-stat.
Posted on Jul 12, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 14, 2016 | Refrigerators
Oct 16, 2014 | KitchenAid Whirlpool Kitchen Aid...
Aug 25, 2011 | KitchenAid Refrigerators
Aug 02, 2011 | KitchenAid Refrigerators
Jun 21, 2011 | Kitchen Ranges
Sep 09, 2010 | KitchenAid KSRS25IL Side by Side...
May 12, 2010 | KitchenAid Superba Architect KSCS25INSS...
Sep 30, 2008 | KitchenAid KSCS25FKSS Side by Side...
Mar 23, 2017 | Frigidaire FRS26KF6E Side by Side...
Aug 14, 2010 | Frigidaire FRS26KF6E Side by Side...
Oct 19, 2009 | Frigidaire FRS26KF6E Side by Side...
380 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: