I had one and it was sold by Radio Shack. Big and bulky, about the size of a **** of paper. Required 3 'D' cell batteries, you could record two differant outgoing messages and would record upto 26 incoming calls of about 30 seconds each. Had it for years and then the motor started dragging. Took it to RS and their repair people did not even know that RS carried it (young guys). I ended up chucking and kick myself now days for doing that. While crude in operation, it was BATTERY powered. Oh, and unless you get a ton of calls, the batteries would last 4 to 6 months.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You have open the the lid on the touch pad area( remove the screws at the bottom of the laptop )where the CMOS battery is located, remove battery and wait for an hour.
Short the two metal of the battery terminal, using any metal or wire, just to make sure there will be no power on the cmos.
Connect the battery again and restart the laptop and the password will be erase.
We found the problem was with the power. In our case, plugging the adaptor into the power outlet directly, bypassing an extension and checking the outlet was working with a lamp. The error lights you describe were the exact same that we were getting, caused by low battery levels.
If you want to get the most out of your battery, then try not to use it very much, and if you run your laptop of a direct power source, the remove it completly, and store it somwhere dry, cool and free from dust. If your battery is really bad, then you can improve it's capacity by freezing it! This however could destroy your battery, so only do it if you have to. Details of someone doing this can be found here: http://aphilosopher.wordpress.com/2008/02/23/freezing-laptop-batteries/
Anyway, in answer to your question, if you are using it of mains power only, then yes, take the battery out.
hope this is helpful,
TADA! answer 4 u.
It's your battery. Take out your battery from the psp and look on the back of it. If, at the top, it says PSP-S110 and at the bottom it says made in China, be bummed. That's what mine said and the codejunkies website warns about that battery. Dunno where to get a new one though. Hey, diagnosing the problem is half the battle. Good luck.
When the power went out it may have set the machine to its default setting, "answer function off". Press the "On/Off" button to check for sure. A battery really wouldn't help in this matter because it's only there for backup; when the power goes out the batter will save your settings, outgoing and incoming messages. Perhaps when the power went out you lost your outgoing message, and now, when people call, they don't realize that that they are supposed to leave a message. One more thing you can check is the switch on the side of the phone which tells the machine to answer after 2 or 4 rings.
You need to install or change the battery for the power out freezer alarm. Mine was just doing the same thing. I looked on the web for the answer and couldn't find it. Opened the door to look for the model number and there was the diagram for the light flashing codes. Mine's battery compartment is in the grill on the bottom (right below the door) on the left side. Takes a 9v battery. I had a power outage recently and it must have killed the battery after beeping for several hours.