- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Okay well, there can be a few possibilities :
1) Your microphone is muted. May be you mute it accidentally while you are on phone. Or maybe you've made some changes to your hardware recently but installing some app- all in all just make sure the microphone isn't muted.
2) Your phone microphone is damaged. In that case you need to get it repaired from a nearby mobile center. If you still have your phone under warranty then you can get it replaced by the company itself.
One way to check whether your mic is broken or not is try using earphones with a mic. See if the other person is able to hear or not.
Do try to reboot your phone. That sometimes fixes the problem.
If that doesn't seem to work,
Long press the menu button to access "google now" page. Hitting menu again gives settings option. From there, disable voice open for OK google.
Hello Terry, Are you sure the other caller does not have their phone button set on MUTE? That would cause them to hear you but you can't hear them. Do you have the same problem from other callers? If so, it must be a problem with your phone.
This is due to failure or weakness of the Microphone in the phone. To confirm you can connect a hands free headphone unit which can be tested to confirm.If the caller can hear you then it is confirmed that the mic section in the phone is faulty and must be opened to check.
* You could have the microphone turned off and thus you can hear the caller but he cannot hear you.
This setting should be in the user manual.
I can't provide further help without a phone model.
* Also this can mean that the microphone is broken.
The best thing is to try and see if you can find the "turn off microphone" option and play with it (turn it on and off). If it's not that it can be the microphone.
Make sure that the microphone is not in the mute mode. Read the instructions for your phone, or fish through the menus to find where the setup is for the microphone default if the phone has this option.
I have also seen the microphone go defective in these phones.