I bought my acer laptop new about a month ago. From day one, I have been so frustrated when I type! My curser jumps backwords, will land in the middle of another word, or completely disappear. I spent this much time because I thought maybe it was a setting, because I was unfamiliar with Vista, or because I had put in Open Office, and maybe there was a conflict. But now, after trying to find some sort of logic to what makes it go where when, I am sure something is broken! It happens in my email, anywhere. It's actually an Acer 5720-4126
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
thats normal on many laptops... even on my Dell and Lenovo...
the trick is to disable the Trackpad when typing...
1) Click Fn + F3 keys together to disable the trackpad and then type
2) Click Fn + F3 keys together to re enable the trackpad and then type
3) Buy an external Keyboard and Mouse (Wireless one) and use them (I do the same)
4) if you have trackpad drivers & application installed then adjust the sensitivity of trackpad on it
I faced the same problem with my laptop and the fault was with the power adapter. I noticed that the cursor moved randomally only when the power adapter was plugged in. I got the adapter replaced and it is working fine since then.
Most probably because your 'Touch Pad Mouse' is touched by your palm (hand or something) while you are typing. Avoid contact with the mouse touch pad while typing.
If you have a centre moveable mouse on your laptop, start using it and disable the 'Touch pad mouse'
Best of luck!