HTML clipboardHi If your brother printer has been left unused for some time it is probably
clogged? And the inbuilt cleaning facility does not help then you will probably
need to buy a Magic Inkjet Flush Print Head
Which you can find on Ebay.
Although it is possible to take the Brother printers apart, it is too
difficult for most people.
To view what´s inside a Brother Printer click on next line...
Click again to enlarge photo.
Therefore, what we suggest is to make cleaning cartridges using the Dr.EpSUN
Then use them to flush the print head (usually at the end of long tubes near to
the back of the Brother printer)
*NEVER TOUCH THE WHITE star shaped PIN... under ink cartridges... because once
pessed in... it cannot be used !
Also in most cases a single cleaning cartridge for black and 1 for colour is all
you will need.
If you only have FULL INKS and need to make a cleaning cartridge use Dr.EpSUN
Refill Tool to empty ink cart...
Save the ink in a clean glass jar or similar make cleaning cartridge then once
unclogged simply use Dr.EpSUN Refill Tool
to refill with your saved ink.
How to make Brother Cleaning Cartridges
If you wish to see photos? You can also follow the procedure for Epson C80 in
the Magic Inkjet Flush Manual.
Using FREE Dr.EpSUN Refill Tool.
To refill Brother inks... or if printer has been left unused and you need to
unclog print head? (To make a cleaning cartridges *Fill empties with Magic
Inkjet Flush instead of Ink / Then print rectangles using Magic Inkjet to FLUSH
print heads once prints appear without white lines simply replace with inks and
continue printing rectangles untill all Magic has been flushed out of print head.)
How to refill Empties...
1. Secure empty Brother ink cartridge UPSIDE DOWN in a vice or similar.
2. ONLY HALF fill Dr.EpSUN Refill Tool with warm Magic Inkjet Flush (or correct
color Ink if refilling with ink)
3. Then Holding Dr.EpSUN Refill Tool upright... cover metal tip with a tissue
and expell any trapped air until ink appears.
4. Insert metal tip into circular ink outlet hole of upturned cartridge... until
black rubber makes a GOOD seal.
Holding both securely...
5. Do NOT TRY TO FILL Instead. PULL UP on the plunger of Dr.EpSUN REFILL TOOL.
6. Air will bubble up through the Magic/ink whilst escaping from cartridge
creating a vacum.
7. Now... Simply allow plunger to retract and the Magic/ink will automatically
refill the cartridge for you.
8. STOP filling before the Dr.EpSUN Refill Tool is empty otherwise air will
9. Repeat until ink cartridge is full.
How to FLUSH a BROTHER print head.
10. Place filled cartridge into printer and you are ready to print.
Use print head cleaning to prime which will also fill the ink tubes...
11. Print rectangles of the problem colour(s) using test sheets (see below) to
As found in the manual, here are the print test sheets for printing rectangles
depending on colour(s) with problem.
Just choose... Yellow, Magenta, Grey Tones etc...
PRINT TEST SHEETS FOR USE WITH MAGIC INKJET FLUSH
Once prints appear to be normal simply replace the Magic Inkjet Flush with ink
cartridges and continue printing rectangles untill flushed.
Hope it helps. If you need any further help
then choose "Ask a Question"
John P Bradley