Question about Logitech Harmony 880 LCD Remote Control
This remote was great until my dog knocked it off my recliner onto a wood floor, afterwards the unit was unresponsive to input so I removed the battery waited a few minutes and replaced the battery. That seemed to fix the issue for a couple of days ....... now the remote appears to be working okay , with one exception the display shows the signal icon when a button is pushed but there is no response from any device. I replaced the battery with a new one as per the diagnostic trouble shooting via the remote software website, as well as updating the firmware/reprogramed the unit but no change to signal issue. This unit is out of warranty.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: remote appears frozen
I got the same issue with mine, and hooking to the computer and upgrading the firmware worked for me. I first had to take the bateries out and let it sit for 24 hours so it would loose the codes inside. No problems after that.
Posted on Jan 31, 2008
update your software, then update your firmware to the remote. have it connected without batteries and then when prompted to connect the remote, add your batteries and see if the software will connect and update. Good luck.
Posted on Apr 15, 2009
Do the `Status` and `RF` lights on the RF Wireless Extender blink when you start an activity or press buttons in a device assigned to the RF Wireless Extender?
if no, Please try the following:
if no, contact logitech.
1. Log into the Logitech Harmony Remote Software on your computer
2. Click on the Downloads button at the top-right corner of your screen
3. Click on the Firmware button. Follow the onscreen instructions to upgrade the firmware on your Harmony remote
4. Once the firmware upgrade is complete, click on the Update Remote button
5. Test your remote.
1. Go to www.logitech.com.
2. Hold your mouse over the Support Tab.
3. Scroll down to Product Support.
4. Choose Harmony Remotes.
5. Choose your brand of Harmony Remotes.
6. Click on Downloads on the right side of the screen.
7. Choose your Operation System (OS)
8. Click on the Download Software button on the bottom of the page.
9. Choose Run.
10. When the software is completed downloading and installing, please open the software.
11. Once the software is open, click on Update Remote.
12. Follow the on screen steps to complete the update.
Posted on Jan 28, 2010
Replacement screens can be found on ebay for around $25-$30. I was having the same problem as everybody else, and none of the solutions posted online worked for me - software, firmware, battery pulls, safe mode, etc. I replaced the screen in about 5 minutes and was back up and running.... I almost bought a new remote, but figured I'd try the $26 screen first.... Glad I did..
Posted on Mar 09, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 02, 2013 | Husqvarna 323L
May 19, 2017 | Vacuums
I used to use one until I read
this tip: http://woodgears.ca/shop-tricks/glue_spatula.html
Now I use a spatula and it is
incredibly easy to clean afterwards.
Jan 10, 2013 | Crafts & Hobbies
Oct 05, 2011 | Frigidaire FAH125P2T Air Conditioner
Sep 15, 2011 | Whirlpool GI5FSAXVY Stainless Steel ...
Aug 03, 2010 | Brother Sewing Machines
Jan 25, 2009 | Televison & Video
Feb 23, 2008 | Kenmore 71279 Bottom Freezer Refrigerator
Dec 12, 2013 | Logitech Harmony 880 LCD Remote Control
67 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: