Question about B&K 12" Lawn Faucet By Muellerbk 108013

1 Answer

Outside faucet repair

I have a b&k outside faucet and would like to know how to repace rubber stopper at the end of the brass rod?

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 56 Answers

HI im rossouw

Turn off the water at the mains, use a spaner and grips to hold the body of the tap while turning the nut of at the top, not do damage pipe work. when u remove the head there are 3 opsions. no1 ,at the end of the brass rod/plunger us plumbers call it, there must be a nut. loosen it het a new rubber at plumbing shop of same size[cheep] put it back in and tight. no2 u must remove the rubber attached to the brass rod all together and go to shop end get that part, thast show the ppl at the shop ur rod and rubber. no3 bay a new head part, that includes rod rubber new head ect. litel bit more exspensive . bt not that exspensive.

plz rate my advise, i started using this program to help ppl 2 days ago and have helpt alot of ppl. and let me know if there is more q? cheers

Posted on Jul 11, 2010


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Why doesn't sink stopper stay in the stopper?

You may find that, over time, the rod end has been eaten away and does not extend sufficiently to engage the loop at the bottom of the stopper. Everything works but nothing works!

Nov 26, 2015 | Price Pfister Plumbing

1 Answer

How to I keep a freeze-proof hydrant from popping open?

The bottom of the rod has a rubber stopper that fails and can cause this. You must turn off water and remove the upper part of faucet to pull out rod.

Aug 08, 2015 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Water will not drain with lever in either up or down position

Assuming you have a lever operated tub stopper, with the lever mounted in the overflow plate, a common malady is the decay of the internal end of the lever, leaving the stopper at the bottom of its pathway preventing drainage.

remove the overflow plate and carefully slide the stopper assembly out of the overflow... you will know almost immediately if the assembly has come apart. if its intact, run a small diameter sewer snake down the open overflow to clear the tub's drain trap. if it has indeed come apart, remove the connecting rod and stopper from the overflow, you may have to fish for it some. Happy hunting....

reassembly is simply reversing the removal process once you have replaced any broken parts or cleared the trap.

Aug 25, 2014 | Plumbing

1 Answer

The lift rod for my tuscany brooksville faucet is too short

If you are talking about the lift rod that opens and closes the sink drain stopper, then this is adjustable by moving a clamp on the rod. If the drain does open far enough then move the clamp.

Mar 26, 2014 | Plumbing

1 Answer

Stopper no longer stays in up position on my bathroom sink

Solution to the most common design...
If you can pull the stopper completely out of the drain with no resistance, do this.
On the back side of the tailpiece that attaches to the bottom of the bowl, there is a rod coming out of the back side that has a nut holding it in. Unscrew that nut and pull the rod out part of the way. There usually is a loop molded into the plastic on the lower end of the stopper where that rod inserts into. Turn the stopper until that loop is aligned toward the faucet and insert back into the drain but not all the way (keep it held up about 1/4-1/2 inch from completely closed). Reach under the sink and feel for the rod while you are holding the stopper in place and push it back in while you "feel" for the loop. You will know it is inside the loop when you can't pull the stopper out with not resistance. Screw then nut back onto the threads and finger tighten it until it has enough friction to hold itself at any position.

Hope it helps...

Oct 02, 2013 | Price Pfister Plumbing

1 Answer

Delta faucet will not hold water

The linkage to the drain stopper has to be adjusted so that the stopper seats when the rod is raised. If the stopper lifts out of the drain, it may be necessary to remove the lifter rod and insert it through the holes in the bottom of the stopper then reinstall. After this, pulling up on the faucet rod will force the stopper to seat rather than drop by gravity. The tradeoff is that you will not be able to remove the stopper without disassembly of the connection

Feb 18, 2013 | Plumbing

1 Answer

Pulled the drain stopper rod out and cant put it back in. how do i do it?

if you remove the actual drain mechanism you will see where the drain stopper rod goes into.It`s a hole that works on a lever. You need both hands to insert rod into and then use the other hand to find the right height position to anchor the drain stopper. You insert it from behind and then tighten the drain stopper on the drain pipe. Take your time this sounds complicated but it is quite easy. When you have it lined up you can check the operation of the rod by going up and down.And see if it holds water and then see if it drains the water..

Feb 19, 2011 | American Standard 0456.017.222 Heritage...

1 Answer

I have removed the cartridge from my one-handled shower faucet with a removal tool from Home Depot. I think that the inside part of the cartridge came out leaving the outside of it still inside the pipe....

If you are talking about the black rubber sleeve that is around the outside of the cartridge, you will have to CAREFULLY work it out with a flat scredriver. Be careful not to dig into the brass housing of the rough-in valve. It may be a little painstaking, but this will work. I have also used a piece of copper pipe to work on that rubber piece. The copper pipe will not dig into the brass the way a screwdriver will. May want to try that first.

Nov 20, 2009 | Moen & One Handle Tub & Shower Faucet

1 Answer

I installed a new sink and pop up drain assembly. But the drain drains very slow because the stopper does not go high enough. I have tried adjusting the pop up assembly.

make sure that the piece going in to the drain that moves your stopper up and down is all the way in the hole on the bottom of the stopper once that is in hold the rod down so your stop is up then attach it to the piece attached to your rod this should solve your problem good luck

Mar 11, 2009 | Belle Foret Bathroom Sink Faucet -...

1 Answer

Sink stopper will not disengage

Hi Im here to help. There is a lift rod that is connected to a pivoit rod that lifts the pop-up drain up and down. If this has become disconnected, or broken. heres a link (scrool down) to a picture of how it works.
Please remember to leave me some good feedback! Thankyou.

Dec 11, 2008 | American Standard Model 2373.801: Enfield...

Not finding what you are looking for?
B&K 12" Lawn Faucet By Muellerbk 108013 Logo

Related Topics:

419 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top B&K Plumbing Experts

Tom Chichester

Level 3 Expert

35672 Answers

Bill Boyd

Level 3 Expert

44448 Answers

Daryl Gleaton

Level 3 Expert

708 Answers

Are you a B&K Plumbing Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides