Question about Washing Machines
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Fabric Softener Won't Dispense
The fabric softener dispenser is notorious for clogging. Liquid fabric softener is essentially a liquid form of wax. After a period of time it begins to gunk up the inside of the fabric softener dispenser. If you remove the dispenser drawer and look into the cavity, there should be a series of holes in the upper part of the compartment where water sprays into all the dispenser trays. These holes get gunked up and clogged and water will not dispense properly. As a result, the washer goes through a complete cycle, but the dispenser stays full. If this is the case, you can take some cotton swabs and/or toothpicks and clean these holes real good. It may be a bit meticulous, but it should take care of the problem. Post back and let me know if this helps.
Posted on Feb 11, 2008
SOURCE: hoover nextra hnf 3671 -
If the washer doesn't operate or make any noise when set on any cycle, or if it stops suddenly when it should continue onto the next cycle, it may not be receiving electrical power or, if the motor stopped mid-cycle, the machine's overload protector may have tripped. In this case, take out some of the articles to reduce the load and let the protector reset itself, then restart. Otherwise:
1) Be sure it is plugged in and turned on. If necessary, check the receptacle it's plugged into for power, using a working lamp, appliance, or voltage tester. Be sure the washer lid is closed completely.
2) If the receptacle seems dead, check the circuit breaker or fuse that serves that circuit.
3) Unplug the washer and check the power cord. If necessary, replace the cord if you feel qualified.
4) Open the lid and check the lid switch and the tab on the lid that it pushes against. Press and release the switch: if it doesn't click when you do this, it's probably broken. If you're experienced at home repair, you can remove the switch, test it, and replace it if needed; otherwise, call an appliance repair service person.
5) If the washer still doesn't work, the controls may be faulty. Call a service person.
Posted on Mar 02, 2008
SOURCE: Fabric softener won't dispense
Have you tried thinning the softener with water? It's what I used to do on my older washer, it wasn't the new Duet, but it seemed to help. Hope that helps. (PS I don't use softener anymore as I have developed a terrible skin allergy to these newer longer scented softeners! )
Posted on Jun 20, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 15, 2010 | Hoover Nextra HNF 3157 Front Load Washer
Mar 02, 2010 | Hoover Nextra HNF 3157 Front Load Washer
Feb 01, 2010 | Hoover Nextra HNF 2137 Front Load Washer
Aug 28, 2009 | Washing Machines
Aug 05, 2009 | Hoover Nextra HNWL 3126 Front Load Washer...
Feb 26, 2009 | Hoover Nextra HNF 3157 Front Load Washer
120 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!