Question about Epson Stylus R265 InkJet Photo Printer
Can I ask you if you have any advice on my mac...I'm having printer adding issues.
ok I have installed it on my mac laptop (10.4.9 power pc g4).Ths printer is a fairly new model of a Epson photo stylus printer R265.
Now, when i plug it in via usb cable and into the power mains my computer defiantly recognises it however the problem lies in the adding it to the printer list.
i went to system preferences>print&fax>printing...i then went to 'add' . it registered the printer where it says 'printer name' box at the top. it also says the printer name in 'name' an in location it says 'power book'. that bit is all fine.
then..this is the bit which I can work out.
It gives me a list of printer models, none of which are the printer I have. When I go to 'other' i can't find anything which helps me.
So how do I add the printer is the question?! I'm a bit stuck!
I have a printer utility which from I can see how much ink is available, and also do a test print to make sure the cartridge print ok, and they do.
i tried old and new drivers too!!
Note: If you have multiple printers on your system, you will need to re-add all your printers once this is complete. Please let us know what models you are working with.
1. Double click on the MAC HARD DRIVE.
2. Double click on the LIBRARY folder.
3. Double click on the PRINTERS folder.
4. Drag the EPSON folder to the trash can.
5. Restart the Mac. (You do not need to empty the trash.)
Download the drivers from this link R265
ADDING THE DRIVER PROPERLY
1. Open Printer Setup Utility. This would be found in HARD DRIVE, APPLICATIONS, UTILITIES. (Make sure your printer is powered on and connected at this point.) The "Printer List" window appears. Highlight and delete any existing references to your Epson printer. (If you want to be thorough and do not have any other printers on the Mac, choose "Printer Setup Utility" from the top of the screen and "Reset Printing System". Confirm resetting the system. This clears any existing printer entries and queues. If you have other printers on the Mac and use this reset, you will need to readd them later.)
2. Click ADD. Printer Browser window appears. At this point your Epson printer must be on and connected.
3. Highlight the desired Epson printer model and click the MORE PRINTERS button at the bottom of the window. (Do not change any other fields.)
4. A window now opens which is identical to 10.2. and 10.3, where you can select EPSON USB (not plain "USB") or EPSON FIREWIRE (if using the firewire connection) at the top of the screen. Highlight your printer's name when it appears below and hit ADD to return to the Printer List.
5. If you have other printers on the same Mac, ensure the Epson is the default printer. Close Printer Setup Utility.
6. You are now ready to print. When setting up a print job in any program, ensure that under File > Page Setup and File > Print you have selected your printer's name (rather than "Any printer") in the "Printer" and/or "Format for" fields.
pls rate as fixya if it helps and reply if issue persist, thanks!!!
Posted on May 20, 2008
This was really helpful. Once I had moved the Epson folder to Trash and downloaded the driver from the link, my printer appeared in the set up utility in all 3 windows. I chickened out of deleting and resetting as everything that I could not get before was now all there.
"Add" was no longer "greyed out" so I just went for it.... and hey presto it works!
Thanks Basti for leading me down this route. I've tried many many things including just downloading the drivers. I think it's trashing the Epson folder that made the difference.
Posted on Jan 09, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 02, 2011 | HP LaserJet 4100n Printer
Jan 09, 2008 | Brother HL-2040 Laser Printer
Dec 31, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Oct 30, 2009 | Canon MP970 Photo All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 19, 2009 | Epson Stylus Multifunction Inkjet Printer/...
May 01, 2009 | HP Photosmart 3110 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 21, 2009 | HP DesignJet 120nr InkJet Printer
Jul 10, 2008 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 20, 2007 | HP PSC 750 All-In-One InkJet Printer
4,946 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: