Frigidaire Dishwasher Leaking
I just found a service release number for my Frigidaire dishwasher that says it applies to Serial numbers TH632 through serial number TH737 made in 2007 for a replacement kit for the door seal at the bottom of the door. The bottom door seal has been changed, adding side seals that restrict the water surge from the center spray arm. The part number for the new seal is p/n 154588201. This seal can be replaced without removing the dishwasher or either of the door panels.
The seal is located on the bottom of the inner door panel and appears as a cream colored flexible
rubber blade bonded to a milky white colored plastic strip. To remove and properly install
replacement follow the instructions carefully.
1. Replacing this seal can be accomplished without disconnecting power from the unit.
Always use extra care when electrical power is present while serving an appliance.
2. Open door all the way down and remove lower rack. Set rack aside to a safe location.
3. Locate the seal on the bottom of inner door panel. Facing front of unit, the right side of the
seal can be pulled down slightly to facilitate removal.
4. Pull seal straight into the tub from right side.
5. With seal removed, and before installing replacement seal, locate the channel in inner door
panel that the seal mounts into. Locating this channel before installing the replacement can
make this procedure easier.
6. Place the new seal on a flat surface and measure from the bottom of the seal, (See Figure
1 to determine bottom of seal), up 3/8 "of an inch and place a mark with a pen or marker on
both ends (See Figure 2). If needed, scribe a straight line between these two marks this
will give you a guide when installing seal into the inner door panel.
7. The seal can only be installed one way. The end that holds this seal into the inner door
panel has a ½ inch notch cut in the right side. This notch allows the seal to be installed
around the end of the inner door channel that holds the seal.
8. Line up the seal along the bottom of the inner door panel and start from the right side, push
the seal into the door channel to the line marked in step #6.
9. With seal in place close the door, the tub will align the seal as needed.
10. Reinstall lower rack and operate unit to check for leaks.
If leaks continue to occur at the bottom corners, order Splash shield kit 154701001 for
Before installing the kit remove and reinstall the lower door seal. To install the lower seal make
sure you measure up from the bottom of the seal 3/8 of an inch and mark the seal, do this on
both ends. This locates how far down the seal needs to be before closing the door. Do not
install this seal without measuring it first. After the lower door seal has been re-installed then
install the splash shields according to the instructions accompanying with the kit.
Sep 18, 2007 |