Delonghi coffeemaker dcf6214t clean light won't stop flashing after descaling how do I reset it to default ettings?
Most of the above solutions do not address your DCF6214T drip coffee maker. I had this problem, also. The manual is useless on this subject. The support telephone did help somewhat, but, also referred me to the website where I found the same useless manual.
1. fill carafe to the 14 cup mark with warm water. (aprox 2L)
2. mix in 2 tablespoons of citric acid (a white powder available at Indian supermarkets) mix to dissolve completely.
3. pour acid into the coffee maker. and mount carafe in the machine and close the door.
4. with the on/off light off, and the clean indicator flashing press the clean button. The machine will fill the carafe over the next 3 hours, giving the acid lots of time to dissolve deposits.
5. After the on/off light goes off discard the dirty acid, rinse and refill the carafe with clean water. Fill the machine with water then mount the empty carafe in the machine.
6. With the on/off light off and the clean indicator still on, again press the clean button. This time the carafe will fill in about 6 minutes, as this is just a rinse to remove the acid.
7. Repeat 5 and 6 two more times. (I did it 3 more times, for a total of 4, but I believe 3 should work, according to the manual and the telephone support line.) (That is one acid clean followed by 3 rinses, all without pressing the on/off button.) (After all this, the darn clean indicator will still be on and the on/off light will be off.)
8. Now, make a pot of coffee and breathe a sigh of relief as you notice the clean indicator finally, turn off.
I hope this helps supliment a total failure of the manual to explain how to perform the clean operation.
Oct 20, 2012 |
DeLonghi dc Coffee Makers & Espresso...