Question about Whirlpool 24.8 Cu. Ft. Side-by-Side Refrigerator with Bottom-Mount Freezer - White-on-White
For the first two months the dispenser worked perfect. For the last two weeks, it started coming out very slowly. I am not patient enough to wait 2 minutes for 16 ounce glass to fill up.
Is this a new Unit or a second hand unit? If it is not new... most likely there is debris in the water valve inlet or the actual saddle valve / faucett connection to the refrigerator water supply line is partially blocked.
Without a Model number to ensure the exact parts inside the unit for you to check is a bit of a problem.
Most of the water valves are the same and an example of yours would be item 10 of this link: http://www.appliancepartspros.com/partsearch/model.aspx?model_id=5132635&diagram_id=945271#d945271
detailed view: http://www.appliancepartspros.com/part_details.aspx?part_id=3160649
- What I recommend you do is disconnect the water supply line on the back of the unit and check 16 oz. of water flow at the end of the supply line. Water OFF before disconnecting the supply line.
- IF the water flow is the same as through the door you will need to find out why there is not enough flow from the water supply source.
- Additionally IF you have a water filter installed external to the unit... it can be clogged or full of sediment and need to be changed.
- If you discover that the water supply is of good quantity and pressure there is also the possibility of a pinched or kinked plastic water line some where inside the refrigerator.
- Sometimes the hose that passes through the door hinge flattens out and restricts water flow.
Thanks for using FixYa.
Posted on Jul 11, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 17, 2012 | LG LRSC26915SW 36" Side-by-Side...
Oct 23, 2008 | Whirlpool GS6NBEXR Side by Side...
Nov 12, 2009 | GE Profile PSW26P Stainless Steel Side by...
Jul 01, 2009 | LG LFX25960ST Stainless Steel French Door...
May 09, 2009 | Refrigerators
Mar 24, 2009 | Whirlpool 25.6 cu. ft. Side-by-Side...
Sep 26, 2008 | GE GSL25JFR Brushed Steel Side by Side...
Jul 30, 2008 | GE Refrigerators
Feb 15, 2014 | Whirlpool 24.8 Cu. Ft. Side-by-Side...
Jan 20, 2014 | Whirlpool 24.8 Cu. Ft. Side-by-Side...
70 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: