- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Basically you insert a new drive and insert the Windows XP installation CD and follow the screen instructions.
The specification for hard drives for the Compaq V5000 are as follows :-
120-GB* 100-GB* 80-GB*
Interface type ATA-5 ATA-5 ATA-5
look first make habit of saving ur downloads to Drive D ok never save ur download s on drive Acer : C secondly let me tell u windows Vista is a bulky OS and it needs much space on hard drive thats why atleast 120 Gb is recommended for Vista it seems like u have an 80 gb hard drive Vista will work but it will take much of ur drive space as my Vista installation is around 39 GB now i dont know but it grows his size day by day thats why some ppl with less system resources go back to XP , u can free up more disk space by doing following:
go to http://www.ccleaner.com download ans install it run the cleaner and look for temp files that may be lying and occupying disk space.
2. Go to My Computer Right click on Acer C take properties click button Disk cleanup select files from all users let it scan ur hard drive and then it will present u with some temp files , hibernation files and thumbnail files and error reporting files check the boxes and perform the cleanup select all of them u will get some space press OK it will cleanup and delete these files and u will see some space freed up, in more options in the same windows u can also uninstall some progrmas on ur C drive which u installed and u no longerr want now u can un install them as well after that come out of it
3. Now go to My computer right click and take properties of Acer C now go to Tools Tab and select Defragment Now and select C drive and defrag ur drive this will take time after this correct free space will be visible to u after all cleaning steps
if u get enuff space u wanted then it is ok otherwise u can also take some space from the D drive and can merge into C drive if u want i can help u in that but i prefer changing ur hard drive as it is too small for a system like Vista , XP will give u no trouble on that drive
generally when you get a blue screen error it means that windows is shutting down to avoid a serious error. On that screen is an error code, its usualy quite long and contains zeros, but you can find out alot about your issue by searching it. Likely something that you have installed ( either driver or software wise) is causing a serious problem. My suggestion is to either post the error code here, or to check microsoft's knowledge base. Usualy the best course of action with a problem like that is to back up your files, and consider a recovery. With an hp computer you could do a full system recovery in less than 20 min and save yourself the hassle of trying to decrypt the microsoft error message!