Question about Microwave Ovens
First of all check the freezer coils and freezer fan motor .
Is the freezer fan motor running.
Yes the coils are behind the freezer panel open the freezer door and its straight ahead of you.clean the coils under the fridge where the compressor is located.
Either the coils are over frost and the ventilations are blocked or the compressor itself is not functioning properly.
It has to be checked.
Open the panels in the freezer and notice the drain area.If its frozen then this can be one possibility.there is a small rectangular hole between the fridge and the freezer which is basically by the drainage hole of the freezer and behind the storage racks in the fridge side.Check out if this hole is clear or blocked.
Check out the coils beside the compressor.If the coils are dirty the coils needs to be cleaned.
There is a fan next to compressor that's blowing air through some spiraling coils to the right of the compressor. Also check out if that fan is running or not. ------- So for the first thing to be tried is reset procedure. Unplug the unit from main power outlet.Keep the doors open .both.Then Empty the unit completely.Let it remain like that for 24 hours.All the water will leak from the unit due to ice melting in the unit. Then after 24 hours.Just clean the water normally.Then re connect to the power outlet and check after 2 hours.It will work properly. But if its not working then its the problem of the above mentioned possibilities.Most probably this problem relates to compressor. But still try all the cleaning procedure and check out both the freezer and lower section fan in the unit.If the fans are not working then that is the reason. Replace the faulty part to get the problem solved. To get required parts for the unit.You can get it from www.repairclinic.com Thanks. Keep updated for any more query. You can rate this solution and show your appreciation.
Posted on Jul 10, 2010
There are few Steps that you could Verify and narrow down the problem :-
1. Compressor - Make sure that the Compressor should be working. When you ON the refrigerator, you could hear a clicking sound from the Compressor.Compressor could be Hot but not enough to lay eggs on it.
Note - In case, you find that the Compressor is Clicking and Shut Down the machine every now and then, more often that's an indication of Faulty Compressors. With most Brands, they do come up with 5 Years Warranty.
2. Make sure all the Fans are Working. I have seen many times, that the Fans are not working and the people are Inspecting other Components in the Refrigerator.They should also be running at Optimum Speed.
3. Do you see any Ice in the rear of the Freezer? More often - Frost. ( Not Crystal Clear ). If yes, take a Blower / Dryer and melt it. You would see a complete Difference.
4. Make sure that the Condensor Motor is working. If you could hear Condensor Fan is running, it always indicate that the Motor is Fine too.
5. How many times we never clean up the Evaporator Coils? We are using it for Years and we never clean it. So, if this is the Case, time to Take a Vacuum and clean the Evaporator Coils.
6. It could be a Defrost Problem. There are many Components but How could you make sure?
The Best Way - Disconnect the Power Supply and Unplug the Cord. Take everything out of the Refrigerator. Keep the Doors Open for 24 hours. After 24 hours, plug in the Cord and then Turn ON the refrigerator.If you see that there is Some improvement, more likely you have faulty Defrost System.
7. On other Occasions, i have Found Overload Relay to be one of the reasons. I solved many Problems where the Customer Actually Test and Find that the Overload Relay is at Fault.
Note - There could be Freon Leak or Gas Leak which i am not considering right now. You need to contact a Licensed Professional to check these.
Let me know,if needed further assistance.
Hope i helped you.
Thanks for using ' Fixya ' and have a nice day!!
Posted on Jul 10, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 05, 2011 | Microwave Ovens
Aug 31, 2011 | Microwave Ovens
Jul 26, 2011 | Maytag Microwave Ovens
May 23, 2011 | Microwave Ovens
May 19, 2011 | Bosch Microwave Ovens
Apr 21, 2011 | Microwave Ovens
Apr 20, 2011 | Microwave Ovens
Jan 23, 2010 | Maytag MMV4205 Microwave Oven
Oct 15, 2009 | Maytag MMV5186A Microwave Oven
Apr 04, 2008 | Maytag MMV5000 Microwave Oven
44 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!