Question about Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
“F02” is a Long Drain error.If the drain time exceeds 8 minutes this error code will be displayed.In addition, a “SUDS” error may also be generated as a secondary error.This is an indication of a drain pump problem and/or clog in the drain line.You will need to check the following:
2. Remove three torx screws to take of the toe panel on the front of the washer. If you have the machine on a pedestal, open or remove the drawer to get it out of the way.
3. Unscrew the cover on the drain filter. If you didn't follow step one have a towel ready. Remove the pennies, screws, ball point pens, etc from the filter. Look for clogs.
4. If the problem reoccurs you probably need to replace the pump. I ordered one from an appliance parts store on the internet for over $100. The current pump model # in 280187 at various part stores.
5. Remove the little screw just under the drain plug and unhook the unit from the bottom of the washer. This will allow you to turn the unit a bit to reach the clamps that hold the hoses in place.
6. Removing and replacing the hose clamps is the only hard part. It might help to have a small pair of vise grips - I used channel-lock pliers and they kept slipping. Putting a bright work light inside helped. Thanks. keep updated for any more query.you can rate this solution and show your appreciation.
Posted on Jul 10, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 30, 2016 | Dryers
Jan 08, 2016 | Washing Machines
Sep 06, 2014 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
How to fix a Whirlpool Duet & Duet sport error code F02. Repairing your F02 error code can usually be done without ordering parts. Tools needed to repair your Duet F02 error code are towels and a quarter inch socket.
Tip the washer back at a 45 degree angle. On the bottom panel there are three or four screws, with the screws removed the panel will slide down and off. With the lower access panel now removed you will have access to the washers drain pump clean out.
With the water already bailed from the washer you can twist the filter head counter-clockwise to remove. Twisting the filter head counter-clockwise will loosen filter so it can be pulled out. With the filter out, clean and install back into washer.
Run a quick cycle to ensure the washer is back up and running and the F02 error has disappeared. If the error comes back it may require you to clean the drain pump filter again.
Dec 03, 2012 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Hello & Welcome to FixYa
F02 is a drain error in your Kenmore washer, if the unit is unable to drain then after 4 minutes it will display suds and then F02. The first thing that should be done is cleaning the drain hose and the drain pump filter, you can take out three torx screws from the bottom front panel and then clean the area completely, lift up the cap to clean the filter. If the error returns then check the drain pump if it is not working then replacing the pump is recommended repair. Please get back to me if you have any other questions.
Jun 11, 2011 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Sep 09, 2010 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
May 15, 2010 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Mar 27, 2010 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Oct 16, 2009 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Oct 13, 2009 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
162 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: