Question about Computers & Internet
My dvd rewriter isn't being recognised by real player or media player. I thought it was the driver so I installed a new one but the same thing keeps happening. A message comes up saying that error code 37 can not be resolved. Please help.
Error code 37 means that the driver returned failure from its DriverEntry routine. Try the following procedure:
1. Go to your device manager. START>CONTROL PANEL>SYSTEM (If using XP, make sure you have chosen 'classic view' from the left side panel)>click on the 'Hardware' tab and you should see DEVICE MANAGER. Click this button.
2. Find the entry DVD/CD ROM DRIVES and click on the + sign next to it. Now you should see your DVD rewriter listed there. Double click this.
3. In the box that pops up, choose the "Driver" tab.
4. Click the button that says 'Uninstall Driver'.
5. Once this is done, right click on the DVD entry again and from the menu chose "Scan for hardware changes" to reinstall or upgrade the driver.
6. On the 'General Properties' tab of the device, click 'Troubleshoot' to start the Troubleshooting Wizard and follow the on-screen instructions.
Hopefully, this should resolve the problem..
Should you have any further questions, please feel free to post them here. Please do not assign a rating until you feel your problem is resolved. I will try my best to help you further if need be.
If you are satisfied with my solution or have no other questions, please close the problem by assigning a FIXYA rating for my solution. I would be very grateful for your show of appreciation.
Thank you for using FIXYA!
Posted on Apr 19, 2008
Change the IDE cable and restart
Posted on Apr 19, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 04, 2012 | HP Pavilion a1510n PC Desktop
Feb 05, 2011 | Acer Computers & Internet
Mar 25, 2010 | Compaq Presario 5000 PC Desktop
Oct 09, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 530s Desktop Computer...
Dec 22, 2008 | Dell Dimension 8400 PC Desktop
Jul 18, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Jun 18, 2008 | Computers & Internet
May 24, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Feb 22, 2017 | Samsung Computers & Internet
91 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!