Question about Printers & Copiers
You can download the XP driver HERE.
You can try to fool the driver installation program to install in Windows Vista by using Windows Vista Compatibility Mode so that the driver installation program think it is installing in Windows XP mode.
1. Run the downloaded .exe file.
2. Once done, go to the folder that has been created (usually under program files) and expand it.
3. You should see a setup.exe file. Right click on this and select "properties".
4. In th box that opens up, choose 'compatibility' tab.
5. Check "run this program in compatibility mode for", and from the dropdown menu choose "Windows XP(service pack 2)
6. At the bootom of the box you should see "Privilege Level". Check the box that says 'run this program as administrator'.
7. Click "Apply" and "OK".
One word of caution, use this as the last method, or wait for the Vista drivers to be available. Hope this helps..
Should you have any further questions, please feel free to post them here. Please do not assign a rating until you feel your problem is resolved. I will try my best to help you further if need be.
If you are satisfied with my solution or have no other questions, please close the problem by assigning a FIXYA rating for my solution. I would be very grateful for your show of appreciation.
Thank you for using FIXYA!
Posted on Apr 19, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 16, 2010 | Lexmark X73 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Nov 22, 2008 | Canon Pixma MP500 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 06, 2008 | Printers & Copiers
Mar 16, 2008 | Canon Pixma MP500 All-In-One InkJet...
Mar 08, 2008 | HP DeskJet 3320 InkJet Printer
Dec 18, 2007 | Epson Stylus C86 InkJet Printer
91 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!