- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
When the mains fuse keeps tripping as soon as you switch on the oven, there could be a shortage in the oven, or some of the voltage is leaking to the ground. What it is causing it? I would not know. sorry.
You have to very careful powering up home appliances on portable generators due to back feed problems to incoming lines. I would recommend getting an experienced electrician to show and explain the problems with what you are considering. Many linemen have been shocked due to backfeed. The real way to perform this is to get the controller that is put on home generating systems such as generac type systems. These automatically isolate line supply from backup power from home generators, thereby eliminating shock hazards to linemen.
If prolonged shortage, you could disconnect the wires into the furnace and install an extension cord from the furnace to the 120 volt plug on the generator. Most fans are powered on gas furnace on 120 volt. Make sure your voltage needed on your furnace before attempting emergency power up. I have seen some furnaces power by 240 volt fan motors. If it is 240 volt then use the 240 plug wired correctly. PS when you get an electrician to help you with the wiring, check out the requirement to provide grounding, to lessen your shock hazard.
Hope this helps.
its a problem with the onboard power supply it needs to be replaced. im sorry for the bad news hope that doesnt mean a bad rating for me.. you can try to reset the power supply by keeping it unplugged for about 20 minutes.
Try this temporarily-
Position a portable fan toward the rear of the unit aiming it at slots in the rear housing.
If this causes the set to stay on longer, you probably have some cheap capacitors in the main power supply that are failing and will need to be replaced.
remove back panel. blow out all the dust from all the components except the fan on the right.
Vacuum out all the dust.
Have you replaced the lamp? that would help too.
There are 2 small red lamp. One indicates HEAT problem. The other one is the LAMP indicator.