a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Press and hold the STOP/SET button for two seconds, then release to access the set-up menu. The time/date setting follows the language.
The full details are in the "Changing the Settings" section of the manual (page 10 in my copy). If you need a copy of the manual, you can download one at http://www.home-electronics.net/ge/pc/IB/29875GE1_IB.pdf
I found it on the manual, it was in programming section!
NOTE: Time set on handset will be transferred to the base unit automatically.
1. Make sure your phone is OFF (not in talk mode).
2. Press the menu button to go to the main menu and use cid/vol (3or4) button to scroll to Date/Time.
3. Press menu button to enter the menu. Year 2006 shows in the display.
4. Use the touch-tone pad to enter the last two digits of the current year (range: 00 to 99).
5. Press menu button to save the year setting and proceed to date setting.
6. Date 01/01 shows in the display. Use the touch-tone pad to enter two digits for current month and day respectively.
7. Press menu button to save the month/date setting and proceed to time setting.
8. Time 12:01p shows in the display. Use the touch-tone pad to enter four digits for current time and use cid/vol (3or4) button to toggle between "p" (pm) and "a" (am).
9. Press menu button to save the setting. Saved shows in the display.
NOTE: If you subscribe to Caller ID service, the current date/time is set automatically when you receive your first CID record and will override manually set date/time.
Setting the Clock
You’ll need to set the clock so that it can
announce the day and time that each
message is received. Press P to exit
Setting the Clock at any time.
1 Press and hold C until the
Message Window displays C, and the
default day is announced.
2 To change the day setting, hold down
or until the
correct day is announced. Then
release the button.
3 Press and release C. The current
hour setting is announced.
4 To change the hour setting, hold down
or until the
correct hour is announced. Then
release the button.
5 Press and release C. The current
minutes setting is announced.
6 To change the minutes setting, hold
down or until the
correct minutes setting is announced.
Then release the button.
7 Press and release C. The new day
and time are announced.
To check the clock, press and release
NOTE: In the event of a power failure,
see the instructions on the bottom of the
unit to reset the clock.