Question about HTC Touch P3450 Smartphone
HI I M USING HTC TOUCH SMART PHONE I HAVE AIRTEL CARD AND I WAS ASKED TO SENT MY GPRS REQUEST ON 121 THROUGH SMS...............SO I SENT MSG THE "PLZ ACTIVATE MY GPRS ON THE ********** NUMBER" ABUT 2 HRS LATER I RECIVED A MSG THT UR GPRS IS BEEN ACTIVATED SEND MO ON 52567 TO RECIVE UR MOBILE OFFICE SETTING .........SO I DID THT AFTER ABUT 3 HRS I RECIVED A MSG THT SEETING ARE BEEN SENT TO UR AIRTEL MOBILE ,SAVE THE SETTING AND THN SWITCH OFF UR MOBILE AND SWITCH ON AGAIN "THT IS TO RESTART"TO FUNCTIONS TO WORK OR SOMETHING
MY PROBLEM IS THT I DONT KNW WHER DO I RECIVE THIS SEETING AND AND WHT KIND OF SEETING WILL I RECIVE
PLZ ADVISE I M A AMATURE USER AS THIS CELL IS THER WID ME FOR LESS THN A WEAK
Dear friends, before I begin with the
details of Airtel Live, I wish to thank everyone at XDA-Developers for
working on ROMs, fixes and the support that is being provided here.
Special thanks to dsixda for producing Onyx 3.0 because of which my HTC Touch Elfin (P3452) rocks even more.
Now regarding Airtel Live service: Airtel Live is free GPRS service that Airtel provides to its customer with a catch i.e. as per Airtel, you can only access http://live.airtelworld.com for downloading latest ringtones, games, wallpapers, videos etc.
If you call Airtel Customer Support to get Live on your HTC Touch, they tell you that it is not supported on any Windows Mobile phone and suggest you to go for Airtel Mobile office, full GPRS service for a monthly rental of Rs. 499 (USD 12).
After googling and fighting with Airtel, I managed to get the correct settings and I am able to run Airtel Live as well access most of the websites on standard HTTP protocol (SSL is not supported). Google Maps also works for me.
On Windows Mobile 6.x, the steps to configure are as follows:
1. Activate Airtel Live by sending the following SMS to 121: MASALA ACTIVE.
2. The service takes atleast 3-4 hours to get active. Restart the phone and resume configuring.
3. Tap Start -> Settings.
4. Select Connections Tab and tap Connections.
5. Select Advanced Tab, tap Select Networks button to bring up Network Management.
6. Under "Programs that automatically connect to the Internet should connect using:" drop down, tap the New button.
7. In the General Tab, type the name of the settings as Airtel Live
8. Select Modem tab, tap New...
9. Type the name of connection as Airtel Live, select the modem as Cellular Line (GPRS) and tap Next.
10. Type Access Point Name as airtelfun.com and tap next.
11. Leave username, password and domain blank and tap finish.
12. Select Proxy Settings tab. Tap "This network connects to the Internet". This should enable the next check box option.
13. Tap "This network uses a proxy server to connect to the Internet".
14. Type the proxy server as: 184.108.40.206 and then tap Advanced...
15. Tap HTTP, leave the server as 220.127.116.11 and change the port to 8080
16. Similarly tap WAP, Secure WAP and Socks, type the server as 18.104.22.168 but leave the port to defaults. These are optional settings.
17. Tap OK to close the Advanced proxy setup screen.
18. Tap OK to close the New connection screen.
19. The network management screen should now list the new connection you have created in the drop-down. Tap OK to close this screen
20. Tap OK to close the connection screen.
Now you are ready to fire your favourite browser. I have tested this on PIE as well as Opera 9.5 and it works for me.
If PIE reports "Request not authorized by the WAP Gateway", you will need to change the user-agent to anything you can think of using "Advanced Config" tool (thanks to dsixda for suggesting this). I had set it to HTCP3452_Mozilla/4.0 under Advanced Config -> Internet Explorer -> User Agent Custom Base.
I think Airtel has intentionally blocked Mozilla/4.0 user-agent on WM phones. It may be that they cannot restrict Windows Mobile based phones from accessing websites on standard HTTP. On other phones I had tried, I could not get other sites to work with the same settings.
Enjoy Airtel Live for free.
Posted on Apr 16, 2009
Like all other devices settings cant be installed directly on the htc mobile. you wont receive any patches from the Service provider. Call your Customer care and give ur phone model. he will explan u the settings.. u have to go to start --> settings --> connections and add a new connection. Unlike other phones htc wont work on low bit internet protocalls, u should go to high end plans.. say vodafone connect for vodafone... likewise u ask ur service provider... i hope i am helpful to u thanks.
Posted on May 22, 2008
1) go to settings
Posted on Aug 27, 2010
You need to enable airtel mobile office. It will cost you 149/week !
Call 1218 for more details.
Posted on Jul 27, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 19, 2011 | HTC Touch Viva Cell Phone
Jul 13, 2009 | LG KP500 Cookie black on T-Mobile U-Fix...
May 13, 2009 | O2 Xda Atom
May 13, 2009 | HTC Touch P3450 Smartphone
Apr 09, 2009 | HTC Touch Viva Cell Phone
Mar 23, 2009 | HTC Touch P3452 Smartphone
Feb 16, 2009 | HTC Tilt 8900 Smartphone
Jan 30, 2009 | Nokia 6300 Cellular Phone
Nov 03, 2008 | Sony Ericsson w580i Cellular Phone
4,346 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!