Question about Xerox Phaser 8500/DN Printer
What does this code mean and can I fix my printer myself?
· 9,036.44 Magenta Ink Stick Count Fault
One of the magenta (red) sticks is broken or stuck not advancing in the ink loader.
I normally take a screw and twist it into the ink sticks and slide them back and out.
More then likely you will find a broken or jammed stik.
Also be sure it is not a phaser 8400 stick at the shape of them are slightly different and will not actuate the sensor.
Here is also a test procedure for the ink loader.
Use this procedure to test if an Ink Out Sensor?s flag works correctly.
1. Remove ink sticks from the ink loader?s channels.
2. Place the printer in Diagnostics Mode by:
a. Turning on the printer and as XEROX appears on the screen, press and hold the Back and Help button until Beginning Service Mode Initialization appears.
b. Scroll to and execute test Monitor: Sensors
a. While error code displayed, press UP arrow and OK key.
b. Scroll to Troubleshooting: Service Tools: Enter Diagnostic Mode. (Printer restarts).
c. Select test 82: Monitor Sensors. Press OK.
d. Scroll to 01: Exit Diagnostics and press OK to return to customer mode.
3. Insert the clean eraser end of a pencil thru the lowermost oval slot. (The eraser end of a pencil closely simulates the bottom rail shape of a Xerox ink stick.)
Slide the pencil down the white channel guide until the sensor is tripped. A sensor change is displayed on the control panel. When the flag is depressed, the front panel will read <color> Ink Present H. When released, the reading will change to L. The test will only display a reading when a sensor change occurs. If a flag is stuck, no sensor reading will be displayed on the front panel.
1. If the sensors are not working properly, follow standard service procedures and replace the ink loader assembly.
2. If the ink out sensors work correctly, identify the ink stick(s) being used in the printer.
Posted on Apr 19, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 12, 2013 | Xerox Phaser 8500/DN Printer
May 21, 2012 | Xerox Phaser 8500/DN Printer
Feb 24, 2011 | Xerox Phaser 8500/DN Printer
May 25, 2010 | Xerox Phaser 8500/DN Printer
Apr 28, 2010 | Xerox Phaser 8500/DN Printer
Jan 22, 2009 | Xerox Phaser 8500/DN Printer
Jan 20, 2009 | Xerox Phaser 8500/DN Printer
Oct 03, 2007 | Xerox Phaser 8500/DN Printer
Jun 30, 2014 | Xerox Phaser 8500/DN Printer
Jun 04, 2014 | Xerox Phaser 8500/DN Printer
157 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: