Question about NEC ND-2500A DVD±RW Burner
I recently installed Adobe Premiere Elements and everytime I try to burn a DVD my computer crashes and I get a Microsoft Error. I am able to burn a DVD using Premier Pro but this was installed long before Premiere Elements. I am also having problems copying files to the drive as it is not recognising the CD-ROMS. I therefore wondered if there was a conflict somewhere and perhaps I should reinstall the DVD Drive, but don't not how.
I would be grateful for any help
I am running Windows XP SP-2 on a ShuttleX.
To reinstall the driver RIGHT Click on My Computer - select Properties - select Device Manager - RIGHT Click the DVD listing - select Update Driver (have your disk handy).
Posted on Apr 25, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 11, 2014 | ASUS CD & DVD Burners
• Do you have any third party CDDVD burning software?
• Are you able to burn DVD's using windows explorer?
First I would suggest that you try burning using another DVD and check if it works.
Try one or more of the following:
Verify that the DVD burner is connected properly to your computer and powered on, and that any necessary software drivers for the DVD burner are installed. You can check your hardware settings in the Device Manager by doing the following:
1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
2. Click Hardware and Sound.
3. Click Device Manager.
• Make sure that the videos you're trying to burn are not corrupted. To see whether the videos you want to burn is corrupted, try playing or viewing them using Windows Media Player. If the files don't play using the Player, Windows DVD Maker cannot burn them.
• Choose a slower burning speed for your DVD burner by doing the following:
1. Return to the Add pictures and video to the DVD page, and then click Options.
2. In the DVD burner speed box, select Medium or Slow.
Troubleshoot problems with creating a DVD-Video using Windows DVD Maker
Change Windows DVD Maker DVD-Video settings
Check if you are able to burn DVD successfully using Windows Explorer.
Burn a CD or DVD
Check in the event viewer to know the cause of the DVD burning failure and post back with the details.
What information appears in event logs? (Event Viewer)
Hope this helps!
Halima S - Microsoft Support.
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
Aug 25, 2011 | Compaq CD & DVD Burners
Nov 07, 2010 | CD & DVD Burners
Oct 13, 2010 | HP CD & DVD Burners
Sep 18, 2010 | Dell Inspiron 2200 CD-RW/DVD Drive Combo -...
Jul 29, 2010 | Samsung SHS223B DVD±RW Burner
Feb 08, 2010 | Samsung External Slim DVD-W USB Compatible...
Dec 27, 2006 | Pioneer DVR-111D (DVR111DBK) DVD RW Dual...
May 08, 2006 | Panasonic Matshita- | UJ-845-B | USB 2.0 |...
164 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: