Question about Computers & Internet
Removing the camera software and reinstalling it using a "clean boot" may resolve the symptoms you are experiencing. Booting clean is a way to eliminate programs from conflicting with installation of software.
1. Unplug the camera from the computer. Later you will be prompted by the software to plug in the camera; do so at that time only.
2. Open the Windows Control Panel.
3. Open the Add / Remove Programs window.
4. Locate the listing for the camera software and remove it. When prompted to remove the camera drivers files, click Yes.
5. Locate any other camera software and remove it as well.
Now download the latest version of the software for your OS from the manufacturer's website.
The following is the procedure for a 'clean boot'. I am assuming that you have XP. If you have a different OS, just let me know and I will send you the appropriate procedure to boot clean in that OS.
1. Click Start --> Run --> Type MSCONFIG --> Click OK
2. On the General tab, choose Selective Startup
3. Uncheck Process SYSTEM.INI file
4. Uncheck Process WIN.INI file
5. Uncheck Load Startup Items
6. Click on the Services tab
7. At the bottom, check Hide All Microsoft Services
8. Uncheck all boxes in the window or click the button labeled Disable All
6. Click OK
7. Click Restart
After restarting, reinstall the downloaded software. Next , do the following:
1. Click Start --> Run --> Type MSCONFIG--> Click OK
2. Replace checkmarks in the items that you previously removed them from.
3. On the General tab, choose Normal Startup
4. Click OK
5. Click YES, when asked to restart your computer
Hopefully, you should not have any problem now. Let me know how it goes, and dont forget to rate the response!
Posted on Apr 19, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 26, 2012 | Toshiba Satellite A135-S2276 Notebook
Jun 16, 2011 | Toshiba Computers & Internet
Jun 06, 2010 | A4tech PK-7ma Flexi Webcam
Dec 12, 2009 | Computers & Internet
May 01, 2009 | Toshiba Satellite A200-0ET00X Notebook
Mar 02, 2009 | Toshiba Satellite A215-S4747 Notebook
Jul 27, 2008 | Toshiba Satellite A135-S4527 Notebook
Jul 23, 2008 | Toshiba Satellite A105 Notebook
Nov 04, 2007 | Toshiba Satellite A135-S2276 Notebook
40 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!