Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
You can send maximum 20 fax at once.
the procedure is called broadcasting
With Broadcasting you can have your HP Fax send your fax up to 20 fax numbers at
once. The documents are automatically erased from memory when Broadcasting is
1. Turn the document face down and feed it into the machine.
2. Press Menu repeated until ADVANCED FAX displays and press OK.
3. Select Set Broadcasting by pressing and press OK.
4. Enter the fax number.
• You can enter 20 fax numbers into one job.
5. Press OK when the correct number appears in the display.
• If you have more destinations, select Y by using and press OK when
asked Another? Y/N and repeat steps from 4.
• If you have finished entering all the numbers, answer N and press OK.
The document will be scanned into memory before transmission.
Your HP Fax has a built-in phone book that allows you to enter up to 100 names and
numbers for faxing or telephone use. Once entered, you can dial the number by any of
• One-Touch (first 10 numbers)
• Searching the phone book through the Speed Dial button
All numbers must be stored in the phone book before use.
Store a number in the phone book
Once in the phone book these numbers can be dialed using one touch buttons, or by
searching the phone book through the Speed Dial button.
1. Press Speed Dial button repeatedly until New & Edit appears and press OK.
The display shows Speed [00-99]>##.
2. Enter a two-digit number and press OK.
Numbers from 00 to 09 will be used for One-Touch dialing.
3. Enter the telephone/fax number you want to store (up to 40 digits) and press OK.
• If you want a pause between numbers (for example, when entering an access
code where you need to wait for a second dial tone), press Redial/Pause. A P
appears in the display. For a longer pause, simply press Redial/Pause again.
• If you make a mistake while entering a number, use to move the cursor
under the digit, then enter the correct digit.
• Cancel will backspace delete in the field.
• Holding down Cancel will clear the whole field.
4. Enter the name (up to 20 characters) and press OK.
If you do not want a name, just skip this step by pressing OK.
5)Press Cancel to exit.
If you require user manual for your HP 2140 fax machine then please click on the link below:-- Broad casting is mentioned on page number 29 of the page on bottom it shows 32 but actual page is 29. http://static.compusa.com/pdf/HP-2140-FAX-Machine-Manual.pdf Thanks. Keep updated for any more query. You can rate this solution and show your appreciation.
Posted on Jul 09, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 23, 2014 | HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One -...
Dec 10, 2013 | HEWLETT-PACKARD HP 2140 Fax
Jun 14, 2011 | HEWLETT-PACKARD HP 2140 Fax
Mar 24, 2011 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Mar 04, 2011 | HEWLETT-PACKARD HP 2140 Fax
Feb 28, 2011 | HEWLETT-PACKARD HP 2140 Fax
Jul 24, 2010 | HEWLETT-PACKARD HP 2140 Fax
Jul 03, 2010 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Dec 15, 2008 | Samsung SCX-5530FN All-In-One Laser...
30 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!