Question about Computers & Internet

1 Answer

I have some basic speakers I got from Radio Shack and for whatever reason there is no longer sound coming from the computer to the speakers. What cords do I need to have in place to make sure I am getting sound? I have a black ethernet cord and I don't know where it is suppose to go, and ironically, I now no longer have sound coming from the speakers to play music cd's on my computer.

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 20 times.


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

  • Expert
  • 85 Answers

Hello Dill38,
The ethernet cable fits into rj45 jack above usb ports The green line is suppose to go into the green plug in back of computer.

Posted on Apr 18, 2008


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

2 Answers

I want to extend my speaker cables, how should i connect them

The ideal solution would be to swap out the entire cable for a longer one unless you have to...
It sounds like this isn't an option, so your next best choice is to get some extension speaker cable and cable crimp-on connectors or Wire cable connector blocks (see ebay URL with picture below ) from the wiring department at Radio Shack, Home Depot or your local hardware store. The crimp connectors are generally rubber shielded metal tubes that you insert the wires from the speaker and the extension speaker wire. You then squeeze the crimp-on connector with pliers to secure the wires in place.
IMPORTANT...During extension make sure the polarity (+ -) marekd with different color will continue from existing speaker cable.Otherwise you will loose the LOW NOTES -BASS

If you don't have any extra speaker wire on hand, you can pick some up at a reasonable price at Radio Shack or any hardware store. While there are many theories about what gauge speaker cable are best, you're likely starting with fairly thin wire coming from the back of the RCA home theater system, so crimping on a heavy gauge wire will do little to improve your signal quality. 18-guage speaker wire will likely do the trick in most cases. I would likely recommend a different solution if this were a component-based system with individually powered amps, but for an all-in-one system, 18-guage wire will be sufficient.
Crimp-on **** connectors come in a variety of sizes. Make sure the size you choose is appropriate for the wire you use to extend the length of your speaker cabling run. Here again, Radio Shack and the local hardware stores will sell the connectors you need for most of the common wire gauges.

Hope this helps! Take care and please Remember to rate/vote and give me
4 Thumbs Up for me to continue for Helping out the Community :)

Jul 11, 2011 | Panasonic Home Theater System System

1 Answer

I have a Pro 96 radio and for whatever reason it suddenly just make a squelching sound.

hello this is natural thing with a scanner what you were probanly noticing was a static discharge some where in the vacinity of your scanner to avoid this ajust the squelch level 3/4 turn maybe this will solve your problem

Feb 14, 2011 | Radio Shack Pro-96 Scanner

1 Answer

I need help fixing my subwoofer for my Logitech Z-2200 i understand that this system is no longer being created.

Yes, i would have thought so. maplins or radio shack will have a socket that should take the plug, if you are competent at soldering should be a cheap repair

Dec 29, 2010 | Logitech Z-2200 Computer Speakers

1 Answer

I get a crackeling sound out of speakers. Dell speakers. Tried to use contact fluid I bought at Radio Shack. How do I squirt it in?

. your issue is possible due to a bad volume control or a separated conductor wire at the connector to the sound card.
You may have to buy a new speaker assembly or if you are adept at soldering or can disassemble the speaker assembly you can replace the resistor potentiometer/ volume control with a new suitable resistor from Radio shack or your favorite electronics store that supplies these parts.
Usually a new speaker assembly is warranted.

Oct 04, 2010 | Dell A215 Computer Speakers

1 Answer

Sound only comes out of one speaker. If I switch the speakers plugs on the sub, the sound only comes out of the other speaker (different speaker this time). So I know the speakers are OK. Therefore, I know...

check the balance settings for one, and yes there is, What kind of plug do you have on your speakers that go into the sub, if its just a normal headphone jack, Go to radio shack and buy a splitter usually costs about 4 bucks and you can plug both speakers into it and then it into the empty sub jack.

Sep 10, 2010 | Creative Labs Inspire 2500 Computer...

2 Answers

I need a new plug for 12V in AC/DC

I will presume you mean power supply

In which case a "universal power supply" will do the job fine so long as you remember 2 important things.

1. Voltage this you already know and lots of universals go up to 12V

2. Current rating. this is just as important as 1. check on your speakes or old PSU that information should be on there somwhere nd itwould lok like 250mA or 500mA or whatever the rating is. it is important to make sure that your replacement is the same or even a little higher if your speakers are 250mA then it is safe to go to 500 mA.

If you just want to solder a new end on then radio shack, tandy, the source are just a few of the places you will find what you want.

If this information was useful please click

Aug 14, 2009 | Boston Acoustics BA735 Computer Speakers

1 Answer

Will the power light still come on if the fuse is blown?

To prove if the power light comes on with a blown fuse, just take the fuse out and turn it on.

If the light comes on your fuse could be blown. Replace it with the same rating. Let the guys at Radio Shack help out on that.

Fuse type: Radio shack 270-1062 or Equivalent.

Mar 13, 2009 | Harman Kardon HK695 Computer Speakers

Not finding what you are looking for?
Computers & Internet Logo

Related Topics:

46 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Computers & Internet Experts

Doctor PC
Doctor PC

Level 3 Expert

7733 Answers


Level 3 Expert

102366 Answers

David Payne
David Payne

Level 3 Expert

14162 Answers

Are you a Computer and Internet Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides