Question about Archos 605 WiFi Digital Media Player
As you have mentioned that you have formatted the unit and then connected it to pc.
So first of all check the basic things.
1) Remove the usb wire completely.And check if any dust in the wires or the usb wire is got cut in between.If no such symptom continue next
2) In your pc there are two usb slots in some there are 4 usb slots.So try connecting the wire in other usb slot then check.If same problem continue next
3) If you have any other usb wire which you have confirmation that it is working then try it with that usb wire.If you dont have wire then get new usb wire.The usb wires are not very costly.You can get it from local computer hardware parts store.If same problem with other wire too continue next
4) Check out the usb slot where you are connecting the usb wire in your pc if its got loose or moved then it will not detect the device connected to it.So press the usb wire in the slot with your hand bit tight and wiggle the wire in the slot then check keeping the wire pressed in the slot.
If same problem continue next
5) Then it clears then problem is not with usb wire or its connection.It can be driver problem as its showing unknown device.
When you view device information in Device Manager, you may see a device listed as Unknown Device next to a yellow question mark. It may be difficult to determine the cause of this unknown device, because there are few indications of what generates it.
The main reason for Unknown Device to display in your Device Manager is because you have a device that is not working correctly. To fix this issue, obtain an updated driver for the device.
The device does not have a device driver: When a device driver for a device is not available, Device Manager displays the device as Unknown Device and puts it in theOther devices branch. This is very common with universal serial bus (USB)
Click this link below to get more help:-- http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314464 Thanks. Keep updated for any more query. You can rate this solution and show your appreciation.
Posted on Jul 08, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 24, 2011 | Archos Vision A14VG Digital Media Player
Nov 04, 2009 | Archos Internet Media Tablet MP3 Player
Aug 10, 2009 | Archos 605 Wifi Portable Multimedia Player
Jul 11, 2009 | Archos Internet Media Tablet MP3 Player
May 11, 2009 | Archos Internet Media Tablet MP3 Player
Mar 20, 2009 | Archos Internet Media Tablet MP3 Player
Mar 19, 2009 | Archos 605 WiFi Digital Media Player
Mar 16, 2009 | Archos 605 WiFi Digital Media Player
Dec 07, 2007 | Archos 605 Digital Media Player
Dec 07, 2017 | Archos 605 WiFi Digital Media Player
181 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!