Question about Gateway MT3705 Notebook
Replacing the touchpad of your laptop is not difficult but because laptop parts are very delicate you need to be careful
To remove the touchpad you need to remove the top cover, also known as the palm rest
1.Power off the Gateway laptop, then disconnect the AC adapter from the power jack. Remove any other devices connected to the laptop.
2.Place your hand on a bare metal surface to release any buildup of static electricity. Close the lid to your laptop and turn the computer over.
3.Slide the battery lock over to the side to pop the battery out from its compartment.
4.Set the battery aside, then turn your computer over once again so that it's facing up. Rotate the laptop so that the back (not the bottom) is facing you.
5.Remove the two screws securing the bezel in place from the back of the laptop
6. Open the lid to the laptop, then insert a flat-head screwdriver underneath one end of the bezel to loosen it from the top cover. The bezel is located just above the keyboard, but below the monitor
7. Carefully remove the bezel the rest of the way. Insert the end of the flat-head screwdriver underneath the top of the keyboard to pull it away from the laptop.
8. Turn the keyboard over and place it face-down on the top cover. Remove the cable connecting the keyboard to the motherboard. You may need to pull back and unlock a connector securing the cable in place.
9. Set the keyboard aside. Remove the four screws located just beneath the display panel, then remove the cable connecting the monitor to the motherboard. Carefully set the LCD display aside.
10. Remove the four screws located near the center of the top cover. Release small blue and white cable connecting the touchpad to the Gateway laptop.
11.Pull the top cover up from the base of the laptop, removing the touchpad along with it.
NOTE; you can remove your touchpad and swap it out with a new one, but you can also buy a top cover with a touchpad pre-installed.
Posted on Jul 08, 2010
All gateway computers have special keys to use touch pad. So please display the model number
Posted on Jul 18, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 03, 2014 | HP Pavilion Computers & Internet
Feb 17, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Jul 18, 2012 | Computers & Internet
May 12, 2012 | Samsung Computers & Internet
Jan 02, 2011 | Toshiba Satellite L355D-S7815 Notebook
Apr 08, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jan 06, 2009 | HP Compaq 6720s Notebook
Aug 10, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Jul 18, 2008 | Gateway Computers & Internet
904 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: