Question about Sony Handycam DCR-HC28 Mini DV Digital Camcorder
I have searched for help within the FixYa site and saw there are a few people with this same problem.
I also saw this as a suggestion:
"That means tape mechanism has problem and might be cam gear is broken. Need to replace complete tape mechanism under following part number..
A1080997A MD (N100) SUB ASSY A
Available in Nextronics for $63
Below is an image of required tape mechanism.
MY QUESTION IS:
Is the tape deck assembly for the HC26 the same one as the HC28? Because the link to this Nextronics replacement assembly goes to the HC28, even though the original poster posted about their HC26 model (which is the same as my broken model).
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Sony Handycam DCR-HC28
Unfortunately, it's not exactly a trivial process. The basic steps are as follows:
1) connect the camcorder to the computer
2) transfer the video from the dv tape to a file on the computer
3) optionally, edit the video file
4) upload the file from the computer to youtube.com
1) the camcorder has 4-pin 1394 (also called firewire or i-link) jack, and the computer (if equipped) either has 6-pin 1394 jack or 4-pin 1394 jack (on some notebooks). if your computer doesn't have a 1394 jack, you need to buy a 1394 adapter (eg. pricegrabber.com)
2) transfer the video from the dv tape to a file on the computer hard drive using editing software or a software utility designed for doing just that. this software may come with the camcorder or the 1394 adapter.
3) optionally, use editing software to take an excerpt from the file, rearrange parts of the video, add titles, etc., and output a new file
4) upload the file to youtube.com. there are some guides on their website as well (eg. youtube.com)
I hope that helps.
Posted on Aug 22, 2008
SOURCE: Driver for DCR-HC28
It's not possible to transfer the videos from the Camcorder to the Vista running Computer using a USB connection.
The Camcorder uses the USB STREAMING function to transfer the videos to the Computer. The Vista doesn't support the USB STREAMING function.
However, you may transfer the videos from the Camcorder to the Computer using an i.LINK/FIREWIRE cable.
If your Computer has an i.LINK/FIREWIRE port on it you can connect the Camcorder to the Computer using the i.LINK/FIREWIRE cable.
The i.LINK port is a D shaped port labelled as DV, i, IEEE1394, Firewire.
If the i.LINK port on the Computer has 4 pins on it, then you can use a 4-pin to 4-pin i.LINK cable.
If the i.LINK port on the Computer has 6 pins on it, then you can use a 4-pin to 6-pin i.LINK cable.
The i.LINK port on the Sony Camcorder is a 4-pin i.LINK port.
I will forward a link to a page where you can get the steps to transfer the videos from the Camcorder to the Computer using the i.LINK connection.
Posted on Jun 18, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 06, 2017 | Sony Video Cameras
Nov 26, 2010 | Sony Handycam DCR-HC32 Mini DV Digital...
Oct 17, 2010 | Sony DCR-HC26 Mini DV Digital Camcorder
Dec 09, 2009 | Sony DCR-HC26 Mini DV Digital Camcorder
Nov 24, 2009 | Sony Handycam DCR-HC21 Mini DV Digital...
Nov 22, 2009 | Sony DCR-HC26 Mini DV Digital Camcorder
Sep 26, 2009 | Sony DCR-HC26 Mini DV Digital Camcorder
Apr 22, 2009 | Sony Handycam CCD-TRV37 Camcorder
341 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!