Question about Computers & Internet
Removing the existing driver and reinstalling it using a "clean-boot" may resolve the problems you are experiencing. Booting clean is a way to eliminate programs from conflicting with installation of software. Firstly, go to the manufacturer's website and download the latest version of your software/driver. Although you may have the latest version already, it could be corrupted.
Once you have done this, uninstall the existing driver using the add/remove software section in the control panel. Now restart your computer.
Once you have saved the correct software, it is time to "clean boot" your computer. This will ensure no other conflicting software remnant or anti-virus firewall can prohibit the proper installation of your software. I am assuming you are using XP. If not, just let me know and I will provide instructions for your particular OS..
1. Click Start --> Run --> Type MSCONFIG --> Click OK
2. On the General tab, choose Selective Startup
3. Uncheck Process SYSTEM.INI file
4. Uncheck Process WIN.INI file
5. Uncheck Load Startup Items
6. Click on the Services tab
7. At the bottom, check Hide All Microsoft Services
8. Uncheck all boxes in the window or click the button labeled Disable All
6. Click OK
7. Click Restart
Now you can reinstall the downloaded driver. Now do the following:
1. Click Start --> Run --> Type MSCONFIG--> Click OK
2. Replace the checkmarks you previously removed during the "clean boot" process.
3. On the General tab, choose Normal Startup
4. Click OK
5. Click YES, when asked to restart your computer
Hopefully this should resolve the issue. Please let me know how it goes...
Posted on Apr 19, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 20, 2012 | Dell Computers & Internet
Jun 06, 2011 | Microsoft Computers & Internet
Dec 14, 2010 | Lenovo G550 PC Notebook
Sep 15, 2010 | Logitech Wireless Access Duo Optical...
Oct 01, 2009 | Compaq Keyboard
Feb 12, 2009 | Acer Computers & Internet
Oct 15, 2008 | Video Game Consoles & Games
Jun 09, 2008 | Intel Dot Station (INTC300AIO) PC Desktop
May 28, 2008 | Logitech 967437-0403 Keyboard
Feb 18, 2008 | Acer NSK8458AN Keyboard
324 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!