Question about Keyboards & Mice
Removing the existing driver and reinstalling it using a "clean-boot" may resolve the problems you are experiencing. Booting clean is a way to eliminate programs from conflicting with installation of software. Firstly, go to the manufacturer's website and download the latest version of your software/driver. Although you may have the latest version already, it could be corrupted.
Once you have done this, uninstall the existing driver using the add/remove software section in the control panel. Now restart your computer.
Once you have saved the correct software, it is time to "clean boot" your computer. This will ensure no other conflicting software remnant or anti-virus firewall can prohibit the proper installation of your software. I am assuming you are using XP. If not, just let me know and I will provide instructions for your particular OS..
1. Click Start --> Run --> Type MSCONFIG --> Click OK
2. On the General tab, choose Selective Startup
3. Uncheck Process SYSTEM.INI file
4. Uncheck Process WIN.INI file
5. Uncheck Load Startup Items
6. Click on the Services tab
7. At the bottom, check Hide All Microsoft Services
8. Uncheck all boxes in the window or click the button labeled Disable All
6. Click OK
7. Click Restart
Now you can reinstall the downloaded driver. Now do the following:
1. Click Start --> Run --> Type MSCONFIG--> Click OK
2. Replace the checkmarks you previously removed during the "clean boot" process.
3. On the General tab, choose Normal Startup
4. Click OK
5. Click YES, when asked to restart your computer
Hopefully this should resolve the issue. Please let me know how it goes...
Posted on Apr 19, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 24, 2011 | Razer Lycosa Gaming Keyboard
Sep 15, 2010 | Logitech Wireless Access Duo Optical...
Jan 13, 2010 | HP D8597A Keyboard
Oct 01, 2009 | Compaq Keyboard
Feb 12, 2009 | Acer Keyboards & Mice
Nov 09, 2008 | Gateway 2520915 Keyboard
May 28, 2008 | Logitech 967437-0403 Keyboard
Feb 18, 2008 | Acer NSK8458AN Keyboard
Jun 16, 2007 | Logitech Optical Keyboard & mouse...
324 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!