Question about Projection Televisions
MMMM Hard call here. The fact that it does try to come on blue maybe an indication that the power supply regulator circuit is good. It could also be a shorted blue tube and when it comes on its overloading the screen drive and the set goes into overload protection shutdown. The real way to see Would be to pull off the blue crt socket as well as the Hi Voltage lead on the crt and see if the set comes on without blue. If it does Your gonna need a pict tube. If it dosent then troubleshooting along the switched power supplys would be neccassary.. BUT I advise you THAT IF YOU HAVE NO EXPERIENCE TROUBLESHOOTING TV SETS PLEASE SEEK A PRO TO ASSIST YOU AS THERES VERY HIGH VOLTAGE INSIDE THESE SETS EVEN IF THEY ARE UNPLUGGED. GOOD LUCK
Posted on Jun 29, 2006
I've had the same problem 1 week ago. Bought new wirewound ceramic resistors (5w 6.8 ohms) and replaced the old ones.... It helped to majority of people who had the same problem, but mine has now some other issues with appearing diffrent colors on the screen which are not supposed to be there :) Like all goes blask with few red pixels or green :-) Having fun now and can;t find service manuals for this TV :(
Posted on Mar 01, 2008
Your convergence board is faulty. Common problem for this model. Pull the back cover off and look to the north and look for a jumper jack [1516 i beleive] and pull this off. [TV unplugged of course] Now plug in the tv and power up...If the picture is distorted you have bad convergence ICs. If picture is good...you may a bad audio IC. You can do this, just be dang careful and good luck to you!
Posted on Nov 25, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 13, 2016 | Philips Magnavox 8p6031c Crt Lens Fluid...
Jan 31, 2011 | Mitsubishi WD-62525 62" Rear Projection...
• Check the antenna/cable connections (see Chapter 2).
• The station may have broadcast difficulties. Try another channel.
• The sound may be muted. Press VOLUME.
• If you hear no sound, try setting the MTS feature to STEREO mode (page 81).
• Make sure the SPEAKERS function in the AUDIO SETUP menu is set correctly (page 83).
• If you are not receiving a second audio program from a known SAP source, make sure the MTS feature is
set to SAP mode (page 81).
• If you hear audio that seems "incorrect" for the program you are watching (such as music or a foreign
language), the SAP mode may be on. Set the MTS feature to STEREO mode (page 81).
• When using an external audio amplifier, if you connect the amplifier to the VAR. AUDIO OUT jacks, the
volume of the TV and amplifier must be set above 0 or you will not hear any sound (page 20).
Dec 03, 2010 | Toshiba 57HX94 57 in. HDTV Television
Jun 23, 2010 | Philips Magnavox 50ML8105D 50" HDTV DLP TV
May 28, 2010 | Philips 60PP9202 60" Rear Projection...
Nov 13, 2009 | Projection Televisions
Oct 07, 2009 | Marantz Projection Televisions
110 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!