Question about Televison & Video
The laser lens is probably dirty and needs to be cleaned, please follow the directions below.
1. Purchase or borrow a lens cleaner disc and try it first. You can find these things really cheap at any large department store. They usually get the job done well. However, you may need to clean the lens manually if the store-bought cleaner fails.
2. Remove the outer casing of the DVD player. Remove the screws that mount the top casing onto the bottom of the DVD player and slide the top casing off. This will expose the DVD deck, which houses the laser pickup lens.
3. Find the lens. The lens will be glass and under the DVD clamp. The lens will probably have a blue tint to it. If you are having trouble finding the lens, you could shine a light on the components and watch for the reflection.
4. Use a cotton swab and some isopropyl alcohol to gently wipe the lens. Just a quick scrub will do. Dry the laser pickup lens with the other end of the swab.
5. Give the lens a few seconds to dry and replace the covering of the DVD player. Test the efficiency of the player. If necessary, repeat the process.
Let me know if this doesn't work and we can try other options to get it working.
Thank you for using Fixya and Good luck.
Posted on Apr 18, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 01, 2011 | Sony Televison & Video
Nov 04, 2010 | Nintendo Wii Console
Oct 23, 2009 | Panasonic PV-DM2792 Triple Play 27 in....
May 23, 2009 | Panasonic DVD-RV31 DVD Player
Mar 31, 2009 | Televison & Video
Mar 30, 2008 | Panasonic PV-DF2703 Triple Play 27 in....
37 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!